Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-09-2016, 04:27 PM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Finally shot my 452 Lux

Well guys I took out my 527 American in 22 Hornet and my 452 Lux in 22mag that I got from 9 Fingers and sighted them both in today. I was talking with 9 fingers way back in March of 2015 when he offered to sell me his 452 Lux in 22mag...He was not happy with the finish on the rifle...and so he refinished it between March and the end of May and I got it like the first week of June 2015. With all the other rifles I had bought I was not sure which scope was going on this rifle, I had Weaver V-16s on my 452 FS in 22mag and my 455 Trainer in 17hmr and both of those rifles had Burris mile high rings so the V-16 scope would fit over the rear tangent sight. I was also buying my 452 FS in 17hmr and trying to find a scope for that rifle. So with four new CZ rifles and buying some Marlins I kind of let the Lux sit in the back of the safe while I played with every thing else. Then came my wood lotto 452 American in 22mag and then another 452 American in 22mag as a truck/hunting rifle, then the 452 Varmint in 22mag and a 527 in 222 and another 455 FS 17hmr...besides a few other Marlins and a ton of scopes.

So after all of that I want to say THANK YOU Scott what a fantastic rifle.

My 452 Lux in 22mag and 455 Trainer with a Ultra lux stock in 17hmr

between shot #3 and #7 I really was cranking the dials to get the reticle to move and went to far...had to bring it back a little. sorry the picture is sideways.

I have a very strong feeling that Cedarville in 2017 will be all CZ rifles. I know that there will be two Lux/Trainer and two FS going. not sure what 3 other rifles will make the list.

Signalman

Last edited by Signalman; 12-09-2016 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:47 PM
pump .22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looks like the Lux mag is going to shoot very well. But that doesn't surprise me.....mine has been a most pleasant surprise in the accuracy dept. And with Maximags no less.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:49 PM
JMK
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Signalman,

What ammunition and at what range?

Shots 11-15 certainly deserve that

JMK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
JMK sir I use the same ammo on all my 22mag rifles...CCI maxi mag 40gr...and just short of 50 yards. I love this rifle...and just think I had it for 16 months before I pulled the trigger...I wasted all that time...I should be taken out and shot or something.

Anyway its a keeper for sure. This rifle reminds me of why I love the 22mag. Its a lot more quiet that the Hornet...which was nice to shoot today also. I remember how my 452 FS and Trainer scope set ups were...which are not bad at all. I also realize how much I love my V-16 scopes with the fine adjustment Objective when target shooting. I also shot my 455 FS in 17hmr with a V-24 on it...you can see a fly on your target when cranked up.

Signalman
Old 12-09-2016, 10:25 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman1 View Post
you can see a fly on your target when cranked up.

Signalman
Bet you can't on my target……its 16˚ out.

Congrats with the shooter Sigman.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:00 AM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Bet you can't on my target……its 16˚ out.

Congrats with the shooter Sigman.
Thanks Al...now that is cold ...I would be shaking so much...even if the fly was at 5 feet away it would be safe

Signalman
Old 12-10-2016, 07:16 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
17º here this morning, Son and Family in NYC,NY and its 30º, dang that's just not right, lol.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:21 AM
nevadany

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
I was going to head to the range this morning....but it's 9.5 degrees out. I changed my mind...

I still have my new to me M2 to sight in

DW
Old 12-10-2016, 07:37 AM
timberbeast

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
24 on the deer stand, ooh that breeze is unwelcome!

Sweet 22mag, Signalman! A promising start on the shooting.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:50 AM
CB900F
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fella's;

Overnight lows here recently have been in negative numbers. Minus 17 is the lowest I've seen, but wouldn't be at all surprised if it got down to something around -25 while I was sleeping. Drove to Helena & back yesterday, the highest temp I saw on the truck's thermometer was 4 above.

I believe that if you attempt to target shoot in the cold like that, first you need to just sit still and adapt to the conditions. Presently you'll be solid as a rock.

900F
Old 12-10-2016, 09:21 AM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Thanks guys I have always loved long barrel rifles with beautiful blue barrels and nice wood stocks but my CZs are a step above that. I kind of got lost in the FS rifles with beautiful balance, that melt in your hands and I still do, but for me just the looks of a Lux or Trainer just makes me smile without even touching it...this was so sweet yesterday to enjoy a nice rifle like this one...it brings back memories of a teenager hunting with my Dad shooting a Winchester model 61 that was long for me back then...but I loved every minute of it.

9 fingers not only refinished the stock he also did some trigger work on this rifle and did a great job. I also bought this rifle from him at a very fair price. So once again Scott...THANK YOU.

I have a problem now...I have five rifles that I have to fight over trying to decide which rifle will go out hunting with me...I will have to see what happens between now and this time next year...and report back to you guys. I think one of the best test will be Cedarville...in May of 2015 my 455 Trainer in 17hmr stole the show, this last season May of 2016 my 452 17hmr FS rifle stole the show...2017 is going to be exciting. Time will tell.

Thanks everybody for the kind words.

Signalman
Old 12-10-2016, 09:37 AM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
WOW...Al The coldest I ever have been was a reported -15 degrees out, I was on the highway and had to fix a flashing light for a divided road gore point...it took me a half an hour to do a ten minute job...My fingers froze and my face was on fire after a few minutes out in that windy location. That was a very cold winter that year at 7900 feet where this flasher was.

So no thank you for the offer...but I will wait until things warm up a bit

Signalman
Old 12-10-2016, 11:21 PM
PO2Hammer
US Navy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congrats on another fine rifle. My 452 Lux in 22 Mag is my favorite long gun. I love the sights so much I couldn't bring my self to scope it. Mine came with an odd finish, obviously the gun was new, but the stock looked like it had aged 30 years. I've had mine for about 15 years now and it looks like an old military rifle in fine condition.

Mine also loves the CCI 40 grain stuff, the JHPs and FMJs have the same POI at 100 yards and both shoot real tight. The new CCI 'choot em' ammo seems to be more of the same.

17º and blowing snow here in southeast Minnesota. It won't be warm on Monday, but hopefully it will be sunny and calm at the range, took a chance with a vacation day, so I'm going. Taking my 452 Scout w/4X Leupold RF Special, 452 Lux and my friend's Little Badger in 17 hmr with scope and laser, plus my 357 revolver for good measure.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:25 AM
pump .22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PO2Hammer View Post
Congrats on another fine rifle. My 452 Lux in 22 Mag is my favorite long gun. I love the sights so much I couldn't bring my self to scope it. Mine came with an odd finish, obviously the gun was new, but the stock looked like it had aged 30 years. I've had mine for about 15 years now and it looks like an old military rifle in fine condition.

Mine also loves the CCI 40 grain stuff, the JHPs and FMJs have the same POI at 100 yards and both shoot real tight. The new CCI 'choot em' ammo seems to be more of the same.

17º and blowing snow here in southeast Minnesota. It won't be warm on Monday, but hopefully it will be sunny and calm at the range, took a chance with a vacation day, so I'm going. Taking my 452 Scout w/4X Leupold RF Special, 452 Lux and my friend's Little Badger in 17 hmr with scope and laser, plus my 357 revolver for good measure.
I don't see much difference between the higher priced Hornady and Remington ammo and the CCI Maximags with my gun. I do have some of the bulk packed Choot Em stuff and decided to test the plastic boxed stuff against the bulk packed Maximags from my bench at fifty yards. My results led me to think that the bulk packed choot em ammo was not quiet as accurate ...... perhaps they use the lots showing less accuracy potential for that? No difference between the HP and solids that I can see as far as impact point or accuracy. Fortunately, I picked up about 2/3 of a case of that stuff back before the ammo craze started when local Walmarts had for less than $8/box.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:12 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB900F View Post
Fella's;

I believe that if you attempt to target shoot in the cold like that, first you need to just sit still and adapt to the conditions. Presently you'll be solid as a rock.

900F
The man knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman1 View Post
WOW...Al The coldest I ever have been was a reported -15 degrees out, I was on the highway and had to fix a flashing light for a divided road gore point...it took me a half an hour to do a ten minute job...My fingers froze and my face was on fire after a few minutes out in that windy location. That was a very cold winter that year at 7900 feet where this flasher was.

So no thank you for the offer...but I will wait until things warm up a bit

Signalman
Wise thinking. I've deer and coyote hunted in sub zero temps but the arthritis says no more.
edit to add- the hunting shack, wo me, recorded over -40˚F 3 times last winter.

Enjoy your fine rifles whenever you can.