Why no Kel-Tec specific thread? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-01-2020, 12:48 PM
varmit hunter67
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Smile KELTEC Itis

At the range I belong to we have a group of 15-20 [varies on how many can make it every 2 weeks] that shoot RF & CF pistols on Monday nights Bowling Pins, and PCC's on Tuesday nights. I have been primarily a .22 and < a /cf shooter for several years, but I had been a little envious of the PCC shooters.

Then a few months ago, I was headed out the door one evening and one of the sales assoc.s said I ought to get the KelTec Sub2000 9mm/Beretta mag. that was on sale and an extra $30 off. Wowa! $$ that made it in my wheelhouse. I also have a 9mm Beretta 92G with 5-6 mags. I bought it.

It has been a real surprise. 100% reliable, accurate coke can killer out to 50 yd.s and fun to shoot. Of course it is a bit more money to make it run, so it rides around under the truck seat, or resides in the safe [a lot] more than my .22s.

But I have had it at the PCC shoots a couple times. I am not real proficient with it yet, but I am getting a little better. And it is a definite new dimension to my self defense persona. A QD red dot now rides in the carry bag and installs in a matter of seconds. Co-witnesses and a quicker coke can killer.

VH
Old 04-03-2020, 06:25 AM
Wanderson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
KT forum

As an owner of a PMR-30, CMR-30 & CP33 I think it’s time for a Kel Tec forum.
They’ve been making .22wmr firearms for years and now have two .22lr handguns to market. And if the P17 proves itself, I guarantee they’ll sell by the truckload based on price alone.
I get a LOT of great info here on my MKI, Charger, Sport King, PPQ-22, old Remingtons & Henry .22wmr, not so much on my MP5-22, ARX-160, GP22 or Kel Tecs.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:43 AM
comfisherman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Send a message via AIM to comfisherman
I think the issue isn't the validity of the firearms. It's more the issue of traffic for each specific sub section.

There are what 5 million 10/22s plus copies. Half those sub sections get less play time than my wife's teenybopper cds. Or superstock... remember when that was a thing... It's getting so spread our now it's getting harder to track.

It's to the point that if I don't hit "new post" if likely only check 3 sections and check out.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:14 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfisherman View Post
I think the issue isn't the validity of the firearms. It's more the issue of traffic for each specific sub section.

There are what 5 million 10/22s plus copies. Half those sub sections get less play time than my wife's teenybopper cds. Or superstock... remember when that was a thing... It's getting so spread our now it's getting harder to track.

It's to the point that if I don't hit "new post" if likely only check 3 sections and check out.

This EXACTLY! Look at 15-22 pistol, dead. All of the Ruger pistol sub sections. Post 'em in Misc, I'll keep an eye out and try and organize things a little better. Any (productive) suggestions always most welcome!
Cuiusque Devotio est Vis Regimenti
Old 04-03-2020, 07:48 PM
Baby Automag

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Maybe a rule or guideline of if the SUB has no new threads posted within one month it closes down and gets moved to the "general population" - Misc forum section.
It will move a lot more and show where the real interest is at. Just my thought.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:33 AM
mac66
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm a Kel Tec owner but there are far too many forums now as there is. Heck, there are 6 Ruger MK pistol forums, really? And lots of other Ruger forums with multiple sub forums. Even some of the 10/22 forums are redundant and could be consolidated. So, in retrospect, why not a Kel Tec forum?

Last edited by mac66; 04-12-2020 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:42 AM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac66 View Post
I'm a Kel Tec owner but there are far too many forums now as there is. Heck, there are 6 Ruger MK pistol forums, really? And lots of other Ruger forums with multiple sub forums. Even some of the 10/22 forums are redundant and could be consolidated. So, in retrospect, why not a Kel Tec forum?
Valid point.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:22 PM
CraigC
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
How about one just for Uzi's then???

Old 06-02-2020, 09:23 PM
syfr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
There is one....uzitalk.com 😁
Old 06-02-2020, 09:52 PM
comfisherman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Send a message via AIM to comfisherman
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlysAlot View Post
This EXACTLY! Look at 15-22 pistol, dead. All of the Ruger pistol sub sections. Post 'em in Misc, I'll keep an eye out and try and organize things a little better. Any (productive) suggestions always most welcome!
Somehow missed this for a month, but I'd err more on the side of rolling a few subsections in to one. At least on the 1022 side of things, some of those sections will get minimal or very little traffic. Would be interesting to see how many people head for their favorite subsection vs. Just clicking on the new post button.

Makes sense to differentiate for order, but some of the subsections might generate more if slightly less specialized.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:57 AM
FALPhil
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
How about one just for Uzi's then???
I had no idea there was a rimfire Uzi.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:46 PM
bearcatter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You could reduce the number of sub-forums, even home forums, by lumping all the plastic pistols together into one .....

I have a gripe with Kel-Tec. The P-32 specifically. A little lighter and cheaper than the NAA Guardian 32, so it leads people to miss out on a very nice pistol.