Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:55 PM
hogan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New Henry

Just picked up a Golden Boy 22 WMR.
Tried to sight it in today but found it difficult to get a good cheek weld due to the drop in comb.
Anybody else have the same issue, and can you recommend a good cheek riser.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:35 AM
Chucksolo1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Actually, you will eventually get used to sighting in your GB. I did. However, I wouldn't put a scope on it. The geometry of the comb is not scope friendlyl
Old 05-31-2020, 12:09 PM
flangster

TPC Rating: 
100% (34)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan View Post
can you recommend a good cheek riser.
Here's the one I used on a CZ Trainer. Similar issue with a hogback stock designed for irons rather than a scope.

https://www.beartooth-products.com/c...model-in-brown

I opted for peep sights on my Henry. A Williams FP GR in the rear and a Lyman 17 AMI in the front. But I have also used a Burris Timberline 4.5-14x32. Nice trim littte scope that suits the Henry well. Trick was, I needed to clear that rear buckthorn sight on the Henry. Didn't like the configuration once I got it dialed in and switched to peeps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2020, 02:00 PM
Arrowhead
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have one of those beartooth cheekrisers on a different rifle and frankly, although it works, itís seriously ugly in my eyes. The Henry is a very nice looking gun and deserves something more appropriate in my thinking. Wouldnít a leather lace on riser go better with a lever action rifle? I have one on a rolling block replica that compliments it very well. I found it on a Cabelaís and it is nice. More money than the beartooth of course. Also you will find they tend to work forward on a straight stock. I donít believe it would be much of a problem on a 22 with little recoil. My rolling block had considerable whop on the back end and I had to make a strap that fit around the buttplate to keep it in place.