Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-29-2020, 02:16 PM
Wyldeshot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Savage Mark II FC-SR Scope

New to this group. I have ordered a Savage Mark II FC-SR. I have several other .22 rifles but I needed one with a threaded barrel for my can.

I have been looking at scopes. I have a Vortex 2-7x32 Rimfire on my 10/22 but I am really trying to stay with American made now. I think I have decided on the Leupold VX Freedom Rimfire 3-9 scope. I need to know what the correct rings are for this setup. Can anyone help?

I will be using the rifle to target shoot and hunt. Thanks!!!
Old 06-29-2020, 08:01 PM
ralphwolf
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to ralphwolf
Cantilevered mount.

As low and far back as possible.
You'll be golden with the Leupold rimfire (note it's parralax).
Old 06-29-2020, 08:41 PM
Wyldeshot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was thinking the low rings is what I needed. I was looking at Leupold rings but that's probably overkill for a rimfire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2020, 07:09 PM
Fasteddie01

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up

Hi Wyldeshot - Great choice in the MarkII - only better would be the B-22FV with a heavy barrel. I have a Savage-64 and a Marlin 60 and I'm looking to get the B-22 just for a bit more accuracy. As for the scope, if you can go a bit higher I would look for a 4-12x because the MarkII can 'outshoot' the 3x9. You'll be wanting a stronger scope if you're serious about targets. I can do about 3/4" at 50 with the Marlin using a 4-12 and want better mag than that, but I can't justify $500 for a better scope than what I have. The 6-24s run near that The Sav MarkII is more accurate than the Marlin by a long shot so you might want to consider a 4-12 or even 6-24.
Hope this didn't get too windy for you, but I want you to consider what you're going to use this for. The 3-9 on both my rifles was OK, but I upgraded once and still want more