Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:45 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (37)
Ruger service again!!!

I fumbled one of the small plug/filler screws that goes into the receiver when the scope mount is not in use! Never to be seen again...………!

Called Ruger and they sent me the set of three.

I offered to pay,but they said no charge!

Kudos to Ruger.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:53 PM
James Cottrell
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to James Cottrell
Agree, they did over my 77/22 last year in one week. Best service I have seen in a long time.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:28 PM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had a bad 77/22 barrel. They sent it back still messed up. Rifling got smoothed in the lathe. I made them put a new barrel on it. Sights were cocked to the side when I got it. Third trip it was OK. They are hit and miss in customer care. But at least they try to do the right thing. My Ruger Predator needed 1 trip to fix the ejection issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2020, 07:49 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The trigger guard cracked on my Ruger Redhawk.
Ruger replaced it and sent it back 6 months later with a bad concrete bruise on the cylinder where they had dropped it.
I got rid of it as I couldn't stand to look at it after that!
Most times Ruger has good service but not for me.
They should have replaced that cylinder!

The OP's story reminds me of a good experience with NightForce though.
I lost one of the screws on a new set of scope rings and called NightForce for a replacement.
They sent me a whole new set in 3 days free of charge.

I accidentally damaged one of the scope caps on my Vortex Razor Gen II.
Vortex sent me a new one free of charge in 2 days!

Most firearms companies are pretty stand up including Ruger most of the time.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:16 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (37)
Guys,guess I'm glad I didn't have to send anything back to them!

Honestly,I hear good reports of their service!
Old 07-01-2020, 03:49 AM
cmb1

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I'm sending my new PC-9 back for the second time today for the same issue. Maybe this time Ruger will look further than the "Gunsmith's" guess, at Rick's Gun and Pawn!
Old 07-01-2020, 05:28 AM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc. View Post
I had a bad 77/22 barrel. They sent it back still messed up. Rifling got smoothed in the lathe. I made them put a new barrel on it. Sights were cocked to the side when I got it. Third trip it was OK. They are hit and miss in customer care. But at least they try to do the right thing. My Ruger Predator needed 1 trip to fix the ejection issue.
The customer service over the phone remains excellent, as it always has been. The repair shop employees are hit and miss. That is putting it kindly. In the past it was different. The worse I ever took advantage was to send in a totally destroyed piece of junk and I got a like new gun with 90% new parts and all refinished except the stocks. Today, I always try and get the parts shipped to me. With a barrel that is not an option.

I had a very similar positive experience with CZ. Not a fluke, two times. With Ruger more like a dozen times all good, spanning many years.

On the other hand multiple horror stories with Remington. All bad. One very bad Pedersoli encounter. That cost me $50 bucks! I doubt I would ever waste my dime calling either again.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:21 AM
Jeepergeo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ruger seems like a great company. I have a few of thier products and all have worked as expected for me.
Old Today, 07:20 AM
Arrowhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I own several Ruger firearms, both rifles and handguns and have never had a need to return any of them. I do own one of the early MK IV pistols that they recalled because of the safety issue on some of them. I had already installed a Volauartson trigger kit in it and I tried hard to get the safety to malfunction on mine and it would not. When they got around to contacting me about my gun I declined to return it. They were determined to get it back and I was more determined not to let them have it. I see no need to fix something that isn’t broken and told them so, repeatedly. I finally signed and returned a letter saying I had declined the safety fix. I hope their lawyers are happy with me now.
Old Today, 07:56 AM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have literally owned dozens of Ruger firearms over my lifetime and have never had to return one of them. To be honest, I had a GP100 that should have gone back, but I chose to resolve the issues on my own. I just really hate to return guns to the factory if I can help it.
Old Today, 08:11 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Super Blackhawk

I had a Super Blackhawk SS 10 1/2 barrel . The ejector rod fell off the barrel . Returned it , and got it back in 1 week .Good as new . The powder marks on the cylinder were gone , looked as it did when I purchased it for $229.00. So you know how long ago this was .