Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-08-2020, 03:42 AM
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (150)
Values only please

I have 3 knives I will be selling, but not in this forum. I am just asking you all the values of these knives. They are all about 8-10 years old, and I just do not remember what I paid. 2 of them were made by Art Summers, and the other buy David F. Pitt neither of which are on here anymore. All are still unused. Never even cut paper with them. Just need some guestimates as to what they are worth. I will try to look through the old posts to find the specs of these knives. They are all still in the old posts. Thanks, oh, and no offers here please. I will post them in the classifieds to sell them.

Art Summers

David Pitt/Handcannons
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...70&postcount=1

Art Summers
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...ht=Art+Summers

Last edited by Gizzy; 06-08-2020 at 04:40 AM.
Old 06-08-2020, 03:31 PM
HUSHKABOOM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
David Pitt is still making knives and is on facebook. He posts occasionally on the OKCA facebook page. I will throw a number out there of $250 each if you can find buyers that are familiar with the makers. $200 for a buyer that wants a well made knife but is not familiar with the makers. I think David gets more for new knives he makes though. Stag is also a premium handle material these days.
Old 06-30-2020, 04:31 PM
RimfireFun

The Conch Republic and the state of Michigan
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've sold a half dozen quality knife collections over the past few years, and Ebay has been my friend. I can't find any current or completed knives sold by Summers. There is a Pitt knife currently listed for $225 or best offer, but I can find no completed or sold Pitt knives. Most knife makers have short careers, as there is always another new, hot maker that comes along, hit's every show, posts heavily on knife forums and has a good website.
If I listed those 2 knives, I'd start the bidding at $150 each.