Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-18-2018, 02:55 PM
mac66
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoob View Post
Probably something that Groupon includes in their deals.
True or not, Appleseed will honor your purchase. They aren't in it to take your money. It's an organization made up of 100% volunteers that believe every American needs to make it to the range, hear the stories, and become a rifleman.

If you have a question as to whether or not a Groupon will be honored when you sign up for a shoot, contact the shootboss in the email provided in the info page.

I know all about Appleseed, just curious to what the intent of the wording means. It is ambiguous enough so that even AS instructors and SBs don't know what it means.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:00 AM
Chukster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I received the best Apple seed training I could get. 1966 Ft. Jackson tank hill Sgts Whitley and Mc Coy. Shot expert with the m-14

A friend of mine was a RSO boss and explaining the program to me I saw a big void in it. They do not teach firearms safety , the students are suppose to know it before hand!!!

If this is a program for making America a land of rifleman again it would be wise on day one to start with that don't you think???
Old 03-23-2018, 07:33 PM
MacGhillemohr
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukster View Post
I received the best Apple seed training I could get. 1966 Ft. Jackson tank hill Sgts Whitley and Mc Coy. Shot expert with the m-14

A friend of mine was a RSO boss and explaining the program to me I saw a big void in it. They do not teach firearms safety , the students are suppose to know it before hand!!!

If this is a program for making America a land of rifleman again it would be wise on day one to start with that don't you think???
We actually do conduct a safety briefing and we do lay down the safety rules for participating in one of our Appleseeds.

As an Army Infantry veteran myself, I keep an eye on other veterans at our Appleseeds, every vet I have spoken to compliments our program and feel it's quite an accomplishment earning the "Rifleman" patch, especially IF, they earned the patch.

Last edited by MacGhillemohr; 03-23-2018 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:57 PM
FiremanBob
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Chuckster, I suggest that you sign up for an Appleseed shoot to learn the truth. The fact is that safe handling of rifles is the third, second and first priority at every step of the event.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:48 AM
Fynn
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I can hardly wait for my first Appleseed event in June. One of the things that has me so fired up about it is the fact that it is not a "one and done" clinic and (for me at least) will be the start of my annual rifle training here in NC.

Every one of the talented marksmen that I have been blessed to know here in my area highly recommends attending Appleseed events and I'm convinced it is a program worth supporting.
Old 03-25-2018, 06:59 PM
Mik_D
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
I can hardly wait for my first Appleseed event in June. One of the things that has me so fired up about it is the fact that it is not a "one and done" clinic and (for me at least) will be the start of my annual rifle training here in NC.

Every one of the talented marksmen that I have been blessed to know here in my area highly recommends attending Appleseed events and I'm convinced it is a program worth supporting.
I attended my first back in December near Charlotte, great event. I heard that the ones at Ramseur are even more fun. Depending on where you are in NC, it may be worth the drive!
Old 03-25-2018, 09:58 PM
dufferDave
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I'd love to attend an appleseed event--

I think they look like a great idea, and a great opportunity to learn, and the prices seem quite reasonable to me (coupon or not)...for the appleseed event itself. Unfortunately, the only sessions offered anywhere close to me are at a local range that I really do not like. The people running the range there are snotty, bossy, intrusive, and actually kinda ignorant in some of their technical advice. I didn't like being there, wouldn't like to go back, and certainly don't want to reward these jerks by giving them any more money. On top of that, the only appleseeds they have scheduled are on Sundays. I am pretty committed to being somewhere else on those days.
The other appleseeds offered in TX are a 3-4-6 hour drive away. Much as I would like to go, taking the extra time off to drive there and back, and paying for a motel room, pretty much kills all of those options. I guess I will just keep waiting for another option.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:12 PM
Bill2728
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. View Post
I'm interested in attending an Appleseed event, and I've been looking at their website, where I see no events scheduled for Utah...how come? Unfortunately, it is too far to drive for any of the events in surrounding states.
https://appleseedinfo.org/schedule/?...=UT&state=Utah
Old 06-29-2020, 07:37 AM
rwadley
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
To help defer costs to participants that have to travel, RWVA/Project Appleseed now has a corporate code that gives up to 10% off Best Available Rate . To get rate, apply corp id code 00468570 (drop down menu) to your bookings. Ensure that it says "currently logged in as RWVA/Project Appleseed". If it says that then you know that the code has been appropriately attached.

This code can be shared with friends, family, shooters, etc. The more the code is used, the better chance we get a larger discount next year (15, 20, or even 25%).

THREE WAYS TO BOOK:
1. Online @ www.choicehotels.com
2. Choice App
3. 800.4CHOICE

The hotel cannot directly apply the corporate ID. Please book by 3 listed ways only.

BEST PRACTICES:
• Attach your corp ID to Choice Privileges Account (see attached document for instructions...company name is RWVA/Project Appleseed)
• Have flyer or code handy
• Keep all confirmation details of stays/bookings
• Book ahead of time if possible
• Take advantage of promotions (next comes out May 7th)
• SHARE! SHARE! SHARE! Code is allowed for personal, friends, and family use as well.
• Search other sources for rates THEY PRICE MATCH https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/best-rate

Last edited by rwadley; 06-29-2020 at 02:55 PM.