Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-22-2020, 09:07 AM
myOLD22gunz
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
17 HMR Win.

I bought 14 boxes from a well known member of the Colt forum for $90, he was closing them out from his small store, 5 were Hornady & CCI which shot well in my Savage rifle. Then starting on the Winchester Varmints which were a different lot number than the current recalls, one out of every 8 rnds would split the case & would not eject, sticking in the chamber. I contacted Winchester, sent copies of the purchase & price from the Colt Forum, & photos of the boxes & split cases. I was sent a shipping label, sent back the 7 full boxes plus the split cases, 3 wks later I received a check for full replacement cost for all 9 boxes. I commend their customer service, but will not buy any more of their ammo, as I recently bought a bulk box of .22 that had more duds than usual for plinker ammo.
Old 06-06-2020, 08:19 AM
Dalamar

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Since this is still stickied despite age I'll add:
just don't buy winchester/Olin rimfires at all. they are crap.

Bought silver box winchester 22 wmr from midwayusa on 6/18 and most of the ammo was FTF (at least 30%). Part of the issue was the old gun, but this junk continued to ftf in new gun at a high rate while other brands did not.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:08 PM
Jammer22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalamar View Post
Since this is still stickied despite age I'll add:
just don't buy winchester/Olin rimfires at all. they are crap.

Bought silver box winchester 22 wmr from midwayusa on 6/18 and most of the ammo was FTF (at least 30%). Part of the issue was the old gun, but this junk continued to ftf in new gun at a high rate while other brands did not.
Kinda painting with a broad brush donít you think?
Old 06-14-2020, 09:21 AM
284wahoo
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I luv the Winchester .22LR SS hp ammo Iíve been using for last decade.