Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:14 AM
ZR900

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Where is the least expensive A17 ammo

I have a 3 Volquartsens. 2 are 17 HMR’s. All are autos. Volquartsen says CCI’s A17 is the best to use on their rifles.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:09 AM
papatrout65

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I use SGAMMO I find there prices competitive.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:48 PM
sansarcroad
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ammoseek is one of quite a few ammo search engines. https://ammoseek.com/ammo/17hmr/CCI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2020, 10:38 PM
rjferber
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Not trying to be a wet blanket . . . and I don't have any Volquartsen rifles, however, I will ask have you tested A17 in both your rifles and does it perform & shoot better than the other CCI -17 HMR ammo of VMax, TNT, or XTP offerings? I have done a little 17 HMR testing using my CZ 453 & 455 Varmint, Sako Quad Range, & Steyr Zephyr II rifles ( all bolt actions ) and found A17 to have the largest Extreme Spread (350-395 fps) in a group of 50 rounds which, was tested across 2 different A17 boxes ( 400 rounds). That showed up on the targets with inconsistent groups probably responsible for some if not most flyers in the 5-shot groups.

A17 does have additional speed therefore potentially cycles the semi-autos better and thus their recommendation. It would perform well enough for hunting & casual target shooting, but it is not match ammo by any stretch. I found the 17 gr TNT rounds to perform the best in my testing across all my rifles, but still, get flyers in my 5-shot groups.

As others have shared . . . Ammo Seek is the tool I use to find the best prices or at least compare with LGS offerings.