Savage Company is for sale - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:38 AM
22rimfire22
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Savage sold

I am one of the many who find Savage firearms to be a very good buy for the money expended and results obtained. Hopefully the new owners will get back to the older management style and produce arms that will be the equal of those of yesteryear!
Old 08-22-2019, 10:55 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
The only Savage I ever wanted was a Model 99. Never got one and now I don't need it for anything. So I will likely leave this mortal coil never owning a Savage.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:58 PM
havefun

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkd View Post
Conflict of interest.
"Conflict of interest" and NRA in the same sentence?
Old 08-22-2019, 01:07 PM
havefun

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
It looks like Vista Outdoors sold Savage to Savage.

Actually the sale went to Long Range Acquisition LLC which, like Vista, is an investment group. In this case, though, one of the investors is the CEO of Savage Arms.

Reading between the lines, part of Vista's motivation for divesting themselves of Savage was getting out of the firearms market to focus on other sporting goods.... because REI said they would stop buying those goods if Vista continued to sell firearms.

Anyway, there's the rest of the story.... apparently Savage is now owned by Savage under the umbrella of Long Range Acquisition LLC.
I'm amazed at how often you can answer industry questions. Industry press? Financial press? Network of secret squirrels?
Old 08-22-2019, 01:28 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by havefun View Post
I'm amazed at how often you can answer industry questions. Industry press? Financial press? Network of secret squirrels?
Very easy it was in the google news feed. When you look up things with google when you go to there news page it uses it to create interest points for articles you would you like
Old 08-22-2019, 02:38 PM
toomanyguns
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22rimfire22 View Post
I am one of the many who find Savage firearms to be a very good buy for the money expended and results obtained. Hopefully the new owners will get back to the older management style and produce arms that will be the equal of those of yesteryear!
Except for a Model 24 that I have had for many years, I haven't had any Savage rifles until the last several years.

Late in life I have discovered the value of Savage rifles. My Axis and my three Mark II's have been very accurate and were very inexpensive.

I hope Savage continues to make good rifles.
Old 08-22-2019, 02:39 PM
M2HB
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubs43 View Post
I learn something new every day. A 357 Magnum you say? Teddy died in 1919 and the 357 mag wasn't introduced until 1935. Boy, was Teddy ever ahead of the curve.

Teddy's "big medicine" was the 405 Winchester. It's just a bit more powerful than the 357 mag.
Now that is funny.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:00 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by havefun View Post
Alien Lizard People. They keep me in the loop.

Quote:
Industry press?
I have an acquaintance with an FFL who throws me his industry magazines now and then. There is usually a tidbit or two in there that opens the door to a little poking and prodding around to get the rest of the story.

Last edited by Sophia; 08-22-2019 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-24-2019, 02:55 PM
Savagenut

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRS View Post
Seems like to me that fewer & fewer firearms are being offered today as compared to what was available some 20 or more years ago. All one has to do is look at a 1990 The Gun Digest and compare it with a more recent copy of The Gun Digest. Also, it seems like the traditional rifles & shotgun, made in U.S.A., are being replaced by cheaper made foreign firearms, that have more plastic parts, than a toy gun. Even, the ones still produce here are for the most part poorly made when compared to rifles, shotguns, and other firearms made back in the 1950's - 1980, and they are becoming hard to fine and are much sought after much more than the newer ones with their plastic parts, and poor workmanship.
Sad , but true .