Anybody Want to Let Me Borrow Their Serial Number? - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:54 PM
mwagon

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

The Provarmint in the photo above has a DIP trigger guard. The target stocked has the metal Ruger guard. KM
Old 07-14-2021, 09:08 PM
Atonic

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, like it or not, you are committing a felony. Fraud to get the part from Ruger, conspiracy by seeking the help of others here on the internet.
Old 07-16-2021, 12:53 PM
Grain

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwagon View Post
The Provarmint in the photo above has a DIP trigger guard. The target stocked has the metal Ruger guard. KM
Thanks
Old 07-16-2021, 01:49 PM
COBrien
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atonic View Post
Well, like it or not, you are committing a felony. Fraud to get the part from Ruger, conspiracy by seeking the help of others here on the internet.
Okay, chief.
Old 07-22-2021, 04:16 PM
COBrien

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atonic View Post
Revisiting this because it still doesn't sit well with me.

Neither I nor anyone on this forum are committing any crime here. We're talking. No efforts have been made to defraud anyone. In fact, I called Ruger and asked about purchasing the part in question myself, for a Ruger American Rimfire Target model (the rifle I have...), and was told no.

Then my discussion turned to making my own part to adapt what I have to what I need it for.

The sky isn't falling, it's all okay.
Old 07-22-2021, 05:04 PM
GladesGuy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
In situations like this, I go for the nuclear option. I'd compose a very nice polite email to the President of Ruger with a complete explanation of the quandary you are facing and ask for his kind intercession with the customer support area. Make clear you are not complaining about Ruger personnel you have already spoken to as they are just following the rules. Two out of three times you will get what you want and a nice response from el jefe supremo de Ruger. Just my dos centavos amigo!
Old 07-26-2021, 03:15 PM
COBrien

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GladesGuy View Post
In situations like this, I go for the nuclear option. I'd compose a very nice polite email to the President of Ruger with a complete explanation of the quandary you are facing and ask for his kind intercession with the customer support area. Make clear you are not complaining about Ruger personnel you have already spoken to as they are just following the rules. Two out of three times you will get what you want and a nice response from el jefe supremo de Ruger. Just my dos centavos amigo!
You know, this isn't a bad idea...

I know Ruger used to have a "Tell the CEO" section on their website, where you could send an e-mail directly to the man himself. That appears to have been deactivated.

Now I'm on the hunt for the correct address to reach Mr. Killoy by mail.
Old 07-30-2021, 02:52 PM
Maudite

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I ran into the same problem when I wanted to buy the Ruger express style rear sight for my No 1 in 303 British.I needed a serial number from a Ruger No 1 that originally came with that sight as they wouldn’t t sell me it otherwise.When it comes to parts like sights etc I think it s kind of a silly policy but I believe it stems from being sued in case something or other goes wrong

Last edited by Maudite; 07-30-2021 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-30-2021, 03:48 PM
GTS225
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maudite View Post
I ran into the same problem when I wanted to buy the Ruger express style rear sight for my No 1 in 303 British.I needed a serial number from a Ruger No 1 that originally came with that sight as they wouldn’t t sell me it otherwise.When it comes to parts like sights etc I think it s kind of a silly policy but I believe it stems from being sued in case something or other goes wrong
And this is most likely why the OP is running into his difficulties. Ruger's liability lawyers are running the company, to some extent, in order to protect the company's interests.
There are far too many people wiling to drag a firearms company into court for whatever some ambulance chaser can think up, so they have to look out for themselves, without exception.

I can only suggest removing one from a stock, and finding a small aluminum foundry willing to cast up a limited run for you, then offer them for sale to recoup your costs.

Roger
Old 07-30-2021, 05:03 PM
GladesGuy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBrien View Post
You know, this isn't a bad idea...

I know Ruger used to have a "Tell the CEO" section on their website, where you could send an e-mail directly to the man himself. That appears to have been deactivated.

Now I'm on the hunt for the correct address to reach Mr. Killoy by mail.
He's on LinkedIn. Just press the "connect" button

https://www.linkedin.com/in/christop...lloy-7520bbab/
Old 07-30-2021, 06:18 PM
FlysAlot

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS225 View Post
And this is most likely why the OP is running into his difficulties. Ruger's liability lawyers are running the company, to some extent, in order to protect the company's interests.
There are far too many people wiling to drag a firearms company into court for whatever some ambulance chaser can think up, so they have to look out for themselves, without exception.

I can only suggest removing one from a stock, and finding a small aluminum foundry willing to cast up a limited run for you, then offer them for sale to recoup your costs.

Roger
Ruger’s Lawyer was a Marine