Bluetooth Junkies? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-10-2021, 06:52 AM
LtCrunch
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)

Nice looking C-10 LRB! I had a 69 stepside too but it was quite bit rougher than yours. 6 popper, 3 on the tree with electric overdrive. She was a tough old girl

Frank
Old 06-10-2021, 10:37 AM
LRB
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hey thanks for the complement, this too was a straight-6 250 CI with three on the tree originally, but I had a 350 CI V-8 and a 350 turbo automatic laying around so...

I've had it for over 26 years now and it's still a blast to daily drive, especially with my new Bluetooth rockin' tunes!

Old 06-10-2021, 10:49 AM
The_Darkest_One

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Can't beat that short box step side look.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:48 PM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Bluetooth use? Let's see; phone to car, phone to headphones, phone to speaker, phone to computer, tablet to headphones, tablet to speaker, tablet to television, television to internet router. I think that's all of them. No other "smart" devices. The biggest uses are from the speaker, headphone and car link. I use the car link to play streaming music as well as hands free calling.

The daughter and son in law have Bluetooth and internet remote everything, remote cameras, thermostat, doorbell, tv, all that stuff, they love it. Too complex for me. I could really use the hearing aids though.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:58 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I see where Bose has hearing aids on their website. $849 a pair. A lot less than what the audiologist wants, like six grand.
......Tom Petty
Old 06-10-2021, 08:53 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
I see where Bose has hearing aids on their website. $849 a pair. A lot less than what the audiologist wants, like six grand.
google quote:
It's no secret: hearing aids are not cheap. The average cost of a hearing aid is $1,000 to $4,000.
Hearing aids can last anywhere from three years to seven for some people, even longer. Variables affecting this lifespan include how well the instrument is built, how well it's maintained, and how much wear and tear it experiences being worn in your ear for many hours a day.
Old 06-11-2021, 02:25 PM
JEC

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I got my Bluetooth hearing aids at Costco for $1,300. I don't know anything about the Bose hearing aids, but I feel like one very important thing most decent audiologist-sold hearing aids have going for them is that they're tuned to my hearing loss - mine have about 14 bands of wavelength that boost just the sounds I've lost rather than just amplifying everything. I would expect a company like Bose to have that feature covered if they're going to compete with the industry leaders, but it sounds like you'd have to do that tuning yourself if they're a direct-to-consumer product.

One small downside of the Bluetooth hearing aids - unlike earbuds, the hearing aids are petty much invisible to those around you. When I see someone wearing earbuds, I assume they're listening to something and I interact with them accordingly. With the Bluetooth hearing aids, I'll be watching/listening to something on my Ipad, often as I'm with my wife who's watching TV. When she says something to me and I totally ignore her, she doesn't realize that I can't hear her; she assumes I'm ignoring her for the usual reasons. Before I even hear her, she's halfway through the scolding about ignoring her. Hmmmm . . . . on second thought, maybe that's not exactly a downside . . . .

Last edited by JEC; 06-11-2021 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-11-2021, 02:26 PM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
Watch out for those Bose hearing aids! They're rated at 1,000 watts output!
Old 06-11-2021, 02:42 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Watch out bose puts cinderblock in their speaker to make you think you are getting quality. The old if they are heavy they must be good principle.
Old 06-11-2021, 05:45 PM
alro41
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
My hearing aids are connected to my phone via blue tooth, and I have a device to pug into an audio port on the TV that results in crystal clear sound. However, it then conflicts with the the "spooling" of videos from Netflex, Amazon, etc. Anyone know how to circumvent this?
Old 06-11-2021, 07:18 PM
Etpm

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangbang View Post
i know what it is but avoid wireless for the most part.

i do know eventually everything will be going that way and im buying/stocking up on wired keyboard and mice.

some of the people at work use the bluetooth speakers so they can have some tunes while they work.
Why are you wanting to avoid wireless stuff like keyboards, mice, and other Bluetooth stuff? The maximum transmit energy of Bluetooth is one tenth of a watt. Your body receives, and absorbs, much more energy just from the wires in your walls. Are you worried about people eavesdropping on your wireless communications? WIFI can be pretty easily compromised if you have no security on your wireless network. Some folks are actually foolish enough to set up their wireless networks with no passwords, and they should be worried. Any way, I'm just curious about your antipathy toward wireless stuff.
Thanks,
Eric
Old 06-11-2021, 07:52 PM
Zorba
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etpm View Post
Why are you wanting to avoid wireless stuff like keyboards, mice, and other Bluetooth stuff? The maximum transmit energy of Bluetooth is one tenth of a watt. Your body receives, and absorbs, much more energy just from the wires in your walls. Are you worried about people eavesdropping on your wireless communications? WIFI can be pretty easily compromised if you have no security on your wireless network. Some folks are actually foolish enough to set up their wireless networks with no passwords, and they should be worried. Any way, I'm just curious about your antipathy toward wireless stuff.
Thanks,
Eric
For myself, I detest "wireless" keyboards and mice with a purple passion. 99.9999% of the time, they're completely un-needed - they're yet another battery powered device that has a finite lifespan, a finite time-to-dead-battery, and may or may not have RF interference issues. When I worked IT, I carried a corded mouse in my pocket because users who insisted on having "wireless" peripherals would ALWAYS have a dead battery or other issue with them. The darn computer is RIGHT THERE, what's so bad about plugging in a USB cable? I wouldn't own a BT headphone on a bet - something else to keep charged.

Then again, I avoid battery powered equipment like the plague - when you need battery powered gizmos, that's one thing, but if I can plug it in somewhere, I want to plug it in and not worry about battery maintenance, replacement, or going dead at the wrong time. People are amazed that I don't own any battery drills...

As for Bluetooth, it has its place. I'd use it a bit more if my (flip) phone had a dedicated switch to turn it on and off - as it uses a significant portion of the power budget when on. As it is, its just as easy to plug in a USB cable when I want to suck pictures off of the thing - and the USB cable is faster transferring the data than the BT is. I installed a new stereo in my car about 5 years ago with BT - I have yet to even bother pairing my phone with it as I don't yak on the phone while driving anyway - if I remember to take the stupid thing that is.

I do have a rather large battery powered BT speaker, that plays BT, audio-in, and USB geek stick. I use it for dance gigs and classes. Although I usually use a geek stick, sometimes I'll BT it with my desktop computer at home. It also works well when one of my dance sisters wants to use it - most of them are smartphone people who have their BT on all the time and don't care about the power usage.
Old 06-11-2021, 08:44 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have lots of Bose products and I have found the quality to be very good. Not cheap, but I think you get what you pay for. The hearing aids sound interesting.
......Tom Petty
Old 06-12-2021, 12:46 AM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I use a bluetooth mouse with my laptop. Since it has a internal receiver I don't have to use an USB port.

My chronograph uses bluetooth to talk to an app on my phone. Beats the heck out of my old Shooting Chrony.

I paired my phone with my car but it was more interested in talking to the phone than my audio jack to bluetooth adaptor I use to play my MP3 player so I deleted the phone.

Bluetooth is off unless I want to use it. Much like wifi only turns on for my house and my sisters. I'm not using wifi in a grocery store, work, or public place. I'm pretty sure my phone has MAC randomization.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 06-12-2021, 08:03 AM
Mr GAP
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For me it is phone to car, phone to surround sound receiver, phone to laptop, laptop to speakers.

Anybody find a pair of blue tooth speakers that work well as the rear speakers of a surround sound system.