Mauser 201 or Kleinguenther K-22 - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:50 AM
hasbeen1945
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Mauser 201 parts

Jim, mentioned parts. When Mauser discontinued the Voere line. They sold the excess parts to a fellow in Germany. He bought the center fire and Rimfire parts.
Iíve bought parts for both including magazines, double set triggers, and various small parts.
I recently bought a dst for my 201. The Kleinguenthers I own all have triggers adjusted very light. For some reason my Mauser would not adjust very light.
Ive bought dst before and sold them. So I bought another one.
Fyi there are no 5 shot long rifle magazines available. I also thought about changing a birch stock to a deluxe walnut. But they are not available.
Old 06-01-2021, 01:59 PM
RC125

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What I would give to one day own a Double Set Trigger K-22 or a 201 those are Beautiful Rifles.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:47 PM
rehabpro630

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
For those of you interested in a fix for the Mauser 201 ejection issue, I posted a fix later last year. Here it is:

Ejection on my 201's were a source of frustration also. My researching the many posts on this subject finally lead me to the solution. I took apart the bolts by removing the snap spring that holds the ejectors/followers. Looking at the bolt facing directly in front of you (away from you) it is the left side follower that is the problem. These things are small but looking closely you will see the shape resembles a pyramid. Every one that I've done had a sharp point which when ejecting the spent case gets hung up on the cartridge rim, hits the post and fails to clear the port. Most if not all the time the case ends up somewhere inside the action.

What I did was carefully file (a very small file is required) the sharp point of the pyramid. I'll admit I was very nervous doing it as there are no sources for replacements; though it's not hard to reproduce this piece. Trial & error is the best explanation I can give to a somewhat tedious process. The last thing I did was to stone the piece so that no sharpness is evident. It has to be smooth to work properly. When finished make sure that the left and right ejectors/followers go back to their respective location. The snap spring is equally difficult to remove (don"t lose it) and replace. I used small, small, screw drivers in addition to a scratch awl for assistance. That spring has to snap back into place to assure completion. As I have done a number of these, practice makes perfect. If a Mauser instruction manual is available, it will detail how to remove that front section of the bolt from the main assembly that contains the firing pin, ejector/followers, snap spring and firing pin spring. That snap spring is another source of concern as if you are not careful, could break. This is my opinion and I have never broken one. No telling where you would ever find a replacement.

As a caveat, don't attempt this if uncomfortable. Seek a good reputable gunsmith. All I can tell you is that it has worked for me. Believe me when I say It's not a one, two, three process. 201's in .22WMR do not exhibit this problem from my experiences. Hope this helps.
Edit/Delete Message
Old 06-10-2021, 07:34 PM
K22
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Great post rehabpro630.

I found some old photo's the birch stock model I had along with some photo's of targets I shot and a target someone at KDF shot with one of mine.

Old 06-11-2021, 10:36 AM
hasbeen1945

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Accurate rifles

Everyone has their own idea of a rifles accuracy. I would say that is typical of the ones Iíve shot. With the exception of one real nice looking deluxe i owned. Now it could have been the ammo I used. I normally shoot Wolf. A guy wanted it and he was satisfied with the way the rifle shot so he now owns it.
I think for an extremely light hunting rifle these are about perfect.
I find myself getting bored when I take a couple to the range. As a friend says they shot a hole in a hole group.
Old 06-11-2021, 01:56 PM
K22
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
A DST set breaking at 6oz does help.
Old 06-11-2021, 06:01 PM
hasbeen1945

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Dst

My 201 is now sporting a dst. I also put a VX 2 with a very fine crosshair and dot.
I immediately saw this scope would be worthless hunting. But should be great punching paper.
I guess I take different spells. Right now Iím in the pistol shooting mode.
And we are going into the HOT season here. So it will be a while. And by the way the scope is a 6x18.
Old 06-12-2021, 12:46 AM
RC125

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I wonder if a Walther KKJ will shoot with these Rifles. The only other thing really left as far as weight is the Anschutz 1416 with the 18” medium profile barrel but they quit or are going to quit making them. It’s so sad they quit making such a fine rifle like the Mauser 201 and Kleinguenther K-22 made by Voere. I’d really like to find one with DST but I know I’m asking for a lot. I’ll just keep my money put back and keep watching. The only thing that bothers me is spending in the upper teens on one of these when a Annie 1712 can be had for a few more bucks
Old 06-12-2021, 12:55 AM
RC125

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There was a Mauser 201 in Huntington West Virginia that I should have bought last year. I do not have any information on the person or the rifle. I remember him telling me it was handed down from his uncle and he ended up keeping a different rifle and was going to sell the Mauser 201. I could have bought that rifle for under a thousand bucks and for whatever reason at the time I got sidetracked and the auction was over and I couldn’t get ahold of the guy. I live in southern Ohio just a hour from Huntington and I should have bought that rifle. I could kick myself
Old 06-12-2021, 06:14 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Owned one for a couple of years, problematic from day one, finally took it to my Gunsmith and between he and his brother they literally took it apart and put it back together with modifications that made it what folks claim they are. By then I was sick of looking at it and sold it at a profit, didn't shoot as well as my Anschutz rifles nor my Weihrauch for that matter. Glad you folks are happy with yours and even gladder mine is gone.

Old 06-12-2021, 04:00 PM
K22
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC125 View Post
I wonder if a Walther KKJ will shoot with these Rifles. The only other thing really left as far as weight is the Anschutz 1416 with the 18Ē medium profile barrel but they quit or are going to quit making them. Itís so sad they quit making such a fine rifle like the Mauser 201 and Kleinguenther K-22 made by Voere. Iíd really like to find one with DST but I know Iím asking for a lot. Iíll just keep my money put back and keep watching. The only thing that bothers me is spending in the upper teens on one of these when a Annie 1712 can be had for a few more bucks
Check these out.
https://www.gunsinternational.com/se...=1&the_order=6
Old 06-12-2021, 09:55 PM
ruthus540
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
FYI

I have it from an informant that there will be two Kleinguenther/k22ís dstís come up for sale at the end of July-beginning of August via LS&B on gunbroker. Both deluxe models. One of which was a custom build with a diamond inlay in the pistol grip. Truly one of a kind. Neat stuff.
Old 06-13-2021, 06:03 AM
Andyd
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
And here is a Mauser 202 in .22 WMR with the DST that will be imported this fall.

Old 06-13-2021, 07:07 AM
K22
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
That is an awesome looking 202.
Did you ever shoot it?