Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

521 mags in 541?

852 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Nobody 
#1 ·
Maybe this is a silly question but I really am looking for a steel mag for my 541. I recently saw some 521 mags and they looked similar in design to the 541's, but the picture wasn't clear enough to make out the details. Does anyone know if the 521 mags would fit in a 541?

bob

#2 ·
521 mags in a 541

zbobcat90,

Although this isn't a 100% certainty, the 521 magazines are listed separately from the 541 magazines at "ammoclip.com", a magazine supplier; this is usually a pretty good indication that they are not interchangeable.....! ! :(

If you look at the magazines for the Win M52, you will see that interchange for the M69, M69A and M75 also......! ! :)

ammoclip.com

Hope this helps..... :)

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

And thanks for the link. I bookmarked it. That website had a larger, clearer picture of the mag than what I saw in a catalog and I can see the differences now. Oh well. Don't know if steel mags were ver made for this gun by anyone but I would lve to get my habds on at least one if they're out there.

bob

#4 ·
The magazines for the 5-teen series (510 thru 521) can be adapted for the 541/581's but they're kinda' a b*tch to work with. You can make a "sleeve" or rectangular tube that is similar to the slot/sleeve on the rear of your plastic 541 mag. There was a poster on Shooters (I think) a year or so ago that did this. He used sheet metal of some kind and formed the sleeve and either epoxied or JB Welded it to the rear side of the 5-teen series mags.

I've tried this but so far it looks pretty "clunky" and I haven't been able to get a really good fit. It works but not real well. I don't have a method to form the sheet metal consistently. Am thinking of trying to fabricate some kind of steel mandrell and bend the metal around that before fitting to the magazine.

Don't really know if it will be worth all the trouble. I've had good performance with the plastic mags for my 581's; just seems like a good metal mag would be a nice touch for these riifles.

Regards,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.