Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-26-2019, 08:47 AM
Henry88

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bug Buster scope on Henry rifles

Just wanted to present a combination that most folks probably wouldn't consider when choosing a scope for their lever actions. That being the UTG Bug Buster, generally considered a "tactical" scope".

For one thing, the scope is near entry level in cost, keeping with the Henry philosophy of value; they're good scopes.

I think the short stocky look matches the short receiver well aesthetically, it has A/O ,locking turrets and lit graticules. Most importantly, it has a longer eye relief than other scopes, and keeps the center of gravity right over the receiver; maintaining that great Henry feel in the field, though it is not light.

Nice that you can just slide it off/on and maintain beer can/squirrel degree of accuracy. Pardon shabby chic stock repair. Using that step self sticky on stock idea of member bandit1250.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (183.8 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg 009.JPG (463.9 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg 011.JPG (367.7 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (175.8 KB, 52 views)
Old 11-26-2019, 09:03 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looking goodMight try one, i got a little 4x on mine now.

Last edited by Toomany22s; 01-29-2020 at 08:05 PM.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:26 AM
Henry88

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You've got yours sitting low, and managed to keep the original sights on. That is how I used to mount my other scopes, with the bell in front of the dovetail.

To be honest, even in backyard shooting ( I don't hunt), I wish I had more than 9X and seldom go below 5X.

This is more true of the airguns and bolt .22s, though. The Henry is not that kind of rifle, though the accuracy is there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2019, 10:13 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well 4x used to be good enough , but not so much anymore, but that the bb sits behind the rear sight is exciting, cause i hate to take those off, they seem to get lost in the parts bin im wondering if the 12x will fit?

UTG makes a fine scope, yeah not a Leupold, but then the Henry not a grade 6 Browning.
Old 11-26-2019, 12:03 PM
ricky9x22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Well 4x used to be good enough , but not so much anymore, but that the bb sits behind the rear sight is exciting, cause i hate to take those off, they seem to get lost in the parts bin im wondering if the 12x will fit?

UTG makes a fine scope, yeah not a Leupold, but then the Henry not a grade 6 Browning.
Will you please hurry up and order that 12X and mount it so we can see how good it looks and works!!! I like the idea also of it sitting behind the rear sight...
Rick
Old 11-26-2019, 02:14 PM
Henry88

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Not a big deal, but having the bell behind the sight allows you to pull it straight back, making it quicker/easier to take off/on.

And I take it off and on a lot

BTW, I bought mine this time last year, and Thanksgiving prices should be , < $70.......................

Last edited by Henry88; 11-26-2019 at 02:19 PM. Reason: add comment
Old 12-11-2019, 09:53 PM
drift

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thatís pretty cool. I struggled pretty hard trying to decide between a scope or a red dot. I have a scope on my 30-30 lever - it works pretty well. I have a scope on my CZ 17HMR and it works pretty good as well, so I decided maybe Iíd try the dot being I wanted something a little faster and lighter on the rimfire.

Iíll see how I like it next week when it gets here, in the meantime, Iíll keep your solution in mind!
Old 12-12-2019, 06:51 AM
kidneyboy

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry88 View Post
Just wanted to present a combination that most folks probably wouldn't consider when choosing a scope for their lever actions. That being the UTG Bug Buster, generally considered a "tactical" scope".

For one thing, the scope is near entry level in cost, keeping with the Henry philosophy of value; they're good scopes.

I think the short stocky look matches the short receiver well aesthetically, it has A/O ,locking turrets and lit graticules. Most importantly, it has a longer eye relief than other scopes, and keeps the center of gravity right over the receiver; maintaining that great Henry feel in the field, though it is not light.

Nice that you can just slide it off/on and maintain beer can/squirrel degree of accuracy. Pardon shabby chic stock repair. Using that step self sticky on stock idea of member bandit1250.
What rings are you using for this setup?
I have used the regular sights (meh), a red dot (very good) and now Williams peep sights (also very good) on my Henry and wouldn't mind giving this a try too.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:03 PM
Henry88

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidneyboy View Post
What rings are you using for this setup?
I believe they are just the rings that came with it..............
Old 12-14-2019, 12:23 AM
ii6thAHC
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New to Henry. I put a Romeo5 red dot on my H001L carbine today at the range after finding that the rifle was shooting left and low. Watched the Buckhorn sight video but found that my smallest screwdriver was too large to loosen the set screw. The red dot is kind to my 73 year old eyes. I also have a Henry Small Game Rifle with the Skinner sight and several apertures. At 50 yards I'm fairly OK but not as good as I'd like. If I mount my Bug Buster in it I'll have to remove the Skinner rear sight. Will I have to fill the mounting holes that secured the rear sight. Thank you.
Old 01-31-2020, 07:23 PM
ii6thAHC
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How is the accuracy? Henry sent me the filler screws and the DIP inc rail arrived yesterday. Not really impressed with my red dot's performance.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:35 AM
Arrowhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a long barrel Henry Frontier long barrel that I put a Lyman tang peep sight on. It works very well for me out to fifty yards. I have a 12x bug buster scope that's not in use and I've been thinking about mounting it on the Henry with quick detach mounts to use when ammo testing or even playing the long range game. This thread has pushed me off center and I'm going to start looking for a set of mounts.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:45 AM
kidneyboy

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I just bought a new Henry carbine and put a 3-12 Bug Buster on it. A very nice little scope.

IMG_4214.jpg
Old 02-18-2020, 12:30 PM
Henry88

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That looks real good kidneyboy, but more important it's extremely functional. Right now my scope is off; using the fiber optics. But in two minutes the scope is back on; a couple of shots in the yard to ensure it's sighted, and I'm back in business
Old 02-18-2020, 05:35 PM
kidneyboy

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Henry88, I have a red dot that can be swapped out for the scope in about 5 minutes.
My other Henry has peep sights on it and those can be swapped out in a few minutes too. I like all the options.