Chamber Flags - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:51 PM
James Cottrell
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to James Cottrell

My club has a new range, host of new rules also, Chamber flags is one of them. Can't argue with safety.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:22 AM
CardPuncher
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
You can find them more elegant than this, but not more visible, inexpensive, or easily handled:

Weed-whacker line, any handy foam, line melted on the end or folded over & clamped with a scrap of copper wire.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:36 PM
ducdave
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Yes if the bolt cannot be removed, no if the bold is removed.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:19 AM
timbo1955

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
, Yes made with a 762.54r case and a piece of plastic coat hanger painted yellow with that plastic dip, the range master said he can see yellow better then orange, ?
Old 04-02-2017, 11:58 AM
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
They are mandatory at my club matches. I use one all the time even when I am on the range by myself. I think once you get in the routine of doing it you will always do it, no possible harm in using one but there is a possibility of harm not using one.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:35 PM
STEEL SHOOTER
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Chamber flags

They are required equipment at our Club's matches as well.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:51 PM
Smoothtrigger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
100% at my range for all shooters at all times. If you walk away from your rifle/pistol it has to be in the chamber.
Even if the bolt is out, because its so much easier for everyone to see.

Members / Public Shooters / Matches no exceptions.

Smooth.

Last edited by Smoothtrigger; 02-05-2020 at 10:35 PM.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:49 AM
wellcraft1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Always.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:25 AM
azshot
US Navy NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My range doesn't require them, but does have a safety line you must remain behind during cease fire, with uncased guns on the table. Before letting anyone walk forward of the firing line (it's in front of the tables, the safety line behind them), range officials walk the tables and make sure every gun is unloaded, chambers open.

That's good enough.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:44 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I use one , but the range i go to doesnít require them. Just unload remove magazine and leave chamber open at cease fire and no touch the gun or the bench. The range master checks sporadically.

Thats why i always try and get a corner bench when i go so i only have to deal with idiots on one side not both. I like the left hand corner for rifles so i donít get pelted by 223/556 cases. I get especially nervous when they've got the gun in the box and targets and ammo in plastic bags. Stopped at the store bought the gun , came straight to the range.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:39 AM
elohssa63

TPC Rating: 
75% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducdave View Post
Yes if the bolt cannot be removed, no if the bold is removed.
Yes for autoloaders. However, at our matches you don't insert your bolt until directed to do so by the match director. No one shoots an autoloader. When the match is over you remove your bolt from the action. You dare not leave your bench without removing your bolt. No need for a chamber flag unless you wear suspenders and a belt at the same time.
Old 02-05-2020, 01:56 PM
James Cottrell
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to James Cottrell
My club requires them on the range, not just at a shoot. I just got 3 off Ebay for like 7 bucks.
Old 02-05-2020, 03:23 PM
dufferDave

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
ECI is only half of necessary range safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
While the ranges are cold, we have a red line painted behind the benches, and no one is allowed forward of that line unless you are going downrange to post or retrieve a target. There is absolutely no handling of any firearm, ammunition or any other items on the bench while a cold range condition exists. Anyone violating that rule will be told once, given a warning. If they do it again, they are asked to leave the range. If they are public guests, they have forfeited their range fees for the day.
T H I S

Amen! Amen! Amen!

I was brought up to observe the rules about "empty the firearm, lock the action open, lay it on the bench, use a chamber flag, step back from the bench, don't touch anything on the bench" when the range has been declared safe.

Only problem with this is that few public ranges have rangemasters calling instructions, and there are Joe-Bobs who are loose out there (with no supervision) who do not know how to behave on the firing line.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:40 PM
Topstrap44

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just got these in the mail today to pass out to shooters needing one this summer at my matches. I'm strict on open bolts and not handling guns. Cheap way to help promote safety.

Sent in my design and got the finished OBI 3 days later. They also have full size OBI in yellow or orange. The more you buy the cheaper it is.

I only got one side printed, two side printing is another .10 each. 100 for .65 each. 250 would be .50 each. Super great to deal with and they are made in the USA.

I highly recommend.

https://www.mfgservs.com/

Topstrap

Last edited by Topstrap44; 02-07-2020 at 08:49 PM.