Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-06-2017, 02:36 AM
lithgow_101

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Glasses are not good for all

Hi All I have a new set of those Knobloch frames that I got a lens made up for and the image was perfect, it was focused for a mid distance so the front sight was NOT super sharp but either was the target, anyway I found that I loved them at first till I tried to shoot a group,,,,,well I wasted my $$$$$ big time, as I got parallax error big time, and couldn't hit a man size target at 200m with my service rifle, now I know I can shoot , anyway I tried all sorts of tests and found that if you mount the lens directly behind the peep sight you got no noticeable parallax error and I was back to shooting 3 to 4 inch groups at 200m . then I found the Gehman 0.0 diopta , it's a fully adjustable rear lens that goes from -5 to +5 diopta
this works perfectly and my shooting eye is now 20 years old again !!!!!
http://www.schiesssport-buinger.de/s...rearsight-iris
Old 12-30-2017, 12:06 PM
smallcameraco

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i use optics

i used peep sites for years and found them very convenient. but, over time, i just could not see all the way out to the target with any accuracy and i switched to optics. i don't like the increased weight and bulk but i can, at least, see small targets clearly at a distance now. I would prefer a peep sight but......if i can't see the target what in the world am i shooting at? ----- oh, i also tried red dots but while they are nice, because they are not magnified, they do not help seeing the target.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:37 PM
alro41
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Have you been checked for cataracts?
Old 12-30-2017, 06:15 PM
toolboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have progressive glasses and use a red dot on my one Henry 22 for plinking and scope on my 1712 for target work. I have taken my glasses off and adjusted the rear lens to my eye and used clear safety glasses and found this works for myself.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:52 PM
Rangem4
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The first step of adjusting a scope is to focus the reticle right?
My progressive lenses allow me to look through the scope (before mounting) at a blue sky or a white wall to adjust the reticle to a crystal clear sharp cross hair picture.
My problem, when I mount the scope and look through, I have changed the position of my vision through the lenses. The reticle is no longer clear due to the change of position.
Now what do I do?
Can I adjust it without glasses?
What do you fellow progressive users do?
It's frustrating. Sometimes on the bench all is great, after a while my sight picture is a bit fuzzy due to a minor change in my position.
Thanks,
Jeff
Old 12-30-2017, 07:16 PM
skywag
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You will be back to normal after your cataract surgery.
Old 12-31-2017, 06:10 AM
lithgow_101

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I wouldn't wear the glasses while using the scope( safety glasses yes), I have setup quite a few scopes for older shooters and after I told them don't wear your glasses ,,they all said NO WAY,,but after I persisted and they tried it,they have all converted to not using glasses, I am not saying this is for everybody but it's worked for all I have shown it to, plus their scores improved.