Colt Cadet - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:50 AM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Red face of course it would !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorraine1 View Post
if you have a 1994 colt catalog,it has the cadet in it,and says it was designed after the colt woodsman, not bereta and not high standard
I don't think COLT would state in their catalog their pistol was a copy of another makers pistol !! I have heard the beretta neos mags will work in the colt. I have looked at a couple of these colt .22s over the last few years, used at $500.00 but I learned through research colt does not even recognize they exist, no support and no parts. they are unusual .22 pistols, but I did not want to take on a "trouble gun", if you know what I mean. just my take on the situation.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:33 PM
M2HB
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
The Colt Cadet mags are very similar to Woodsman mags.
I started converting Colt Cadet mags years ago to use them in Belgium Browning 22 pistols.

The Neos Mag is similar except for the base.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:56 PM
mag318
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Colt 22 (Cadet) is a surprisingly high quality pistol and their only striker fired rimfire ever. I found a NIB one for $450 and talked them down to $400, it came with 4 extra factory magazines so I think it was a deal. I just don't understand why Colt stopped production of these neat pistols, with the polymer subframe it couldn't be that costly to produce. Mine has been trouble free with an excellent trigger and I find it to be very accurate. No matter what I feed it the function has been 100% so I can highly recommend one of these to any forum member thinking about buying one. They will surely go up in value over time and are very good pistols.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2018, 10:03 PM
mjrsfj40

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Nice to see this thread revived! Since my last post a target version has come into my possession. Mounted a red dot sight and use the target version as my rimfire competition pistol. Runs great - better than the Rugers and Buckmarks around me. Beretta Neos magazines run great! With the slight bump on the bottom of the Neos mags, they seat more positively than the factory Colt mags.

I have owned a number of different brands of 22 pistols and the Colt fits and runs the best for me. Given the chance, I will pick up the black version of the Colt- gotta own all the variations.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:26 PM
marewolfe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Black version of the Colt .22/cadet?
Old 03-29-2018, 02:45 PM
Ductapeman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have one too, a four-inch-- wish I hadn't been so broke when all those six-inch barrel assemblies were on the market-- the little beast is pretty nearly a clone of a High Standard, as much as I can tell-- love the piece, but one of my grandsons does too and has been trying hard to talk me out of it-- not just yet, boy, not just yet--
Old 04-06-2018, 05:23 PM
mjrsfj40

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marewolfe View Post
Black version of the Colt .22/cadet?
Yes, a black Cadet. Limited run, don’t remember the year - nice looking weapon.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:13 PM
PencilPusher

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi everyone, just joined the board and glad to see these 22 still in action!

I recently lost the screw to my rear sight (4 inch barrel.) Anyone know of a replacement... or has anyone made the move to "newer and improved" sights all together?
Old 04-15-2018, 02:30 PM
marewolfe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[IMG]061.JPG[/IMG]
I bought my cadet new in 1994 (4 inch model) for $190 and picked up the 6 inch conversion kit when they were closing out for $199. Added a red dot and have had lots of fun and no problems since.
I sure would like to see a picture of a black version....I hadn't heard of them before this forum.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:00 AM
prewoodsman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Google.. Colt Cadet... Images
or
Click... below
https://www.google.com/search?q=colt...hwNcXo1FvKiqM:
Old 04-26-2019, 05:28 AM
RITON

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi, I may buy a Cadet. 1st hand, 4", blue box, manual, invoice, long key, 2 mags. Like new, almost never shot.

The rear sight is fixed version and I'd like to put an adjustable one.
Is this a standard plug and play stuff?
I was thinking of an LPA style thing and reversible as I do not want to make definite changes to the gun.

I googled : adjustable sight Colt Cadet and nothing came up. And I can't have a look at Brownells as I'm out of USA.
Brownells EU doesn't have anything.

Thanks guys.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:43 PM
mjrsfj40

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RITON View Post
Hi, I may buy a Cadet. 1st hand, 4", blue box, manual, invoice, long key, 2 mags. Like new, almost never shot.

The rear sight is fixed version and I'd like to put an adjustable one.
Is this a standard plug and play stuff?
I was thinking of an LPA style thing and reversible as I do not want to make definite changes to the gun.

I googled : adjustable sight Colt Cadet and nothing came up. And I can't have a look at Brownells as I'm out of USA.
Brownells EU doesn't have anything.

Thanks guys.
Not aware of a current aftermarket adjustable sight. I believe Pachmayr may have made one a one point (saw it on another gun - no catalogue knowledge). The Target (6” barrel) model was the only version with an adjustable sight and it was integral to the sight rib- no interchangeability with the 4” model.

I bought a scope base to replace the front sight rib and mounted a red dot sight after I purchased mine in 1996. Have never looked back.

Enjoy your Colt! It is a great gun!
Old 04-28-2019, 06:08 AM
RITON

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ok, so not interchangeable with Target model.
And LPA doesn't have anything.
I'll have a look at Pachmayr catalogue with little hope.
Do they happen to have a website??? Can't find theirs.

I saw a 4" (if I'm not mistaken) Cadet with an adjustable rear sight. Must have been a mod done by a PO.
https://www.armurerie-douillet.com/c...cat-p2923.html

Last edited by RITON; 04-28-2019 at 06:11 AM.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:04 PM
RITON

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Not too many people on this topic.

Made a reservation on the Colt Cadet the other day. It should be home (having it sent to my place as it's at the other side of the country) in a week or so.
250€ shipping included.
The paperwork should cost me 30 to 50€ more.
If I'm not mistaken, it was bought new by current seller in 2001. I should get the original invoice for that.
I thought they had quite making these earlier in the mid-90's???

Here are some pictures.

Still haven't found an ajustable rear sight. Still no one for that question?
Old 05-02-2019, 08:09 AM
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice looking pistol. I'm not surprised that Colt had these in inventory in 2001. These were not big sellers.
I can't think of anyone that would make a adjustable rear sight for that specific pistol. You will have to find a adjustable sight and file fit the sight base to fit the dovetail. Not a complicated operation, and any gunsmith can do this easily. The issue then maybe the height of the front sight to match the rear sight. I have a LPA TPU rear sight that you can have (was on a Norinco M1911A1) but you need to measure the rear sight dovetail width to see what rear sight base is slightly larger and can be file fit to match the profile of your pistol's dovetail.