TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Walmart winchester ‘555’

Our local walmart has winchester 555 box of 22 lr for 19.95
Old 11-28-2019, 10:54 AM
Acer Ace

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Same here, they've had that price for the past year or so. My Ruger likes it so I've stocked up. Very good expansion from the hollowpoints, like their PowerPoints.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:45 AM
HARDBALLER

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've had a lot bad experiences with Winchester rimfire ammo for a few decades. But last September I bought a box of those "555" at Wally World because the price was attractive. Much to my surprise I didn't experience any misfires or malfunction with them. I also like the ammo because of the large hollow points which contribute to expansion on those wily jackrabbits. I hope Winchester keep up the QC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2019, 01:05 PM
dave19113

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send a message via Yahoo to dave19113
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDBALLER View Post
I've had a lot bad experiences with Winchester rimfire ammo for a few decades. But last September I bought a box of those "555" at Wally World because the price was attractive. Much to my surprise I didn't experience any misfires or malfunction with them. I also like the ammo because of the large hollow points which contribute to expansion on those wily jackrabbits. I hope Winchester keep up the QC.

Good to know, I, like you, had the same issue with bad experiences with 555.

I have stayed away. Might have to pick up a brick to give it a try again
Old 11-28-2019, 11:42 PM
Pacodutaco
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I ran a test last year on a box of Winchester 555 after experiencing many duds. I collected this data over a period of 3 separate outings to the shooting range in order to shoot all 555 rounds in a box. What I found was an 18% failure rate. To make sure it wasn't a light strike from the firing pin in my Ruger Mk III, I also tried firing all the duds in my Ruger American Rimfire with none of them igniting.

I suspect it was probably a bad lot or something since I have never experienced anything like this before. It was certainly enough of a failure rate to steer me away from this particular flavor of Winchester ammo.

These days I tend to stick with CCI ammunition and have never had any issues.