TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

WB.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:09 PM
gordonmcw

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
kimbers

thanks for sharing the great pics! It's been a while since I've perused these forums, haven't shot much at all since moving to the new house a couple of years back.

Here's my kimber, a classic, with the original constant taper barrel contour:

Old 11-23-2008, 06:09 PM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Here's my Hunter 22, topped by a Leupold VXI 2-7x33mm matte in Leupold bases and low rings, accompanied by a Queen Cutlery stag copperhead and todays squirrel. Wolf Match Target through the heart at about 25 feet.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:38 PM
showme 22

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
My Kimber Super Rimfire

Regards Coop
Old 12-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Another gratuitous photo from today. Man I love this rifle!
Old 12-20-2008, 08:16 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Here is mine. Polished the slide myself.

.45acp Kimber Stainless Target

Old 12-20-2008, 09:22 PM
FyrepowrX
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Phil, great minds think alike. i took one of my Kimbers out for a walk today also...this one is a 17M2:
Old 12-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Here's a few shots of the Kimber Classic I used to own, the pictures are still in the RFC Galleries. It was a pretty rifle, although the wood was better on the side opposite the bolt. One thing I like about my newer rifle is that the wood is equal on each side. This rifle had the Kimber scope bases, Leupold rings and a Leupold Vari X III 2.5-8x36mm on top.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I had a severe trading itch! I had always wanted a Kimber of Oregon Model 82 Classic. I walked into a gun shop up in Decatur AL, and there was a pair of 82's behind the glass. They were consignment rifles. The owner had been a rifle collector, and had passed away. His family wanted no guns, so they sent them to be sold. One was the Classic I got, the other was a Super America that wished that I could have had, but was well out of my price range. The Model 82 that I traded that Classic towards was a 1987 model, NEW in the box with all the papers, unfired and it appeared that the bolt had never been inserted into the action. I also got a brand new still in the factory box set of Kimber vertically split rings with the rifle. On top of all that, I looked at the shipping papers on the box, and had the dealer look up in his records, I bought the rifle from the store that had ordered it new for the first owner.

So, while I gave up a nice newer Kimber, I did get my hands on an Oregon built rifle like I had always lusted for. Fortune allowed me the opportunity to get the Hunter. A new gun shop opened up in Cullman locally. Their main store is in Mississippi, and somebody talked them into opening up a second store in the middle of Alabama. I found the Hunter on the rack, had to have it, put it on layaway, and took 90 days to pay it off.

Sometimes I miss that Classic, but this Hunter actually is more accurate, and extracts and ejects better too. I got lucky. I wanted to buy a .17M2 Classic Varmint or even a .17M2 Hunter, but the one Varmint I saw I couldn't deal with the shop and I have never once seen a Hunter 17. I have been to many gun shops in Alabama and Tennessee, and no .17's. I don't have the money to buy one now anyway, so if one did show up, it wouldn't really matter. Not that I need one anyway, I have taken exactly one shot this season past 50 yards. Summertime comes, I can zero in with Velocitors in the 82 and kill crows in our field and woods edges, it shoots them pretty good.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:15 PM
hambone49

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Here's my three, and Happy New Year everyone!

Last edited by PWNolan; 07-15-2017 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Updated Link to Pic
Old 01-03-2009, 06:51 PM
slimatsea
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[IMG][/IMG]

here is my hunter with Leupold 2-7x28 VX-1 rimfire
Old 01-03-2009, 09:56 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
These are my two Kimber 82 S series rifles in .22LR. They are 19 of 500 and 24 of 500, left to right. There were 535 actually made and they were Kimber's first attempt at producing a Super Grade gun. 19 has a beautiful, highly figured stock and is mounted with a Leupold 6X Compact AO. It also has some history-it was originally delivered to Lou Leonard who Greg Warne credited with coming up with the "Super America" name for their high end 82's. 24 has a beautiful stock as well and is mounted with a very cool Leupold Alaskan 4X scope held on with 7/8" Leupold rings These rifles shoot as good as they look.

Last edited by PWNolan; 07-15-2017 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Updated Link to Pics
Old 01-04-2009, 06:42 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
This is my "mini" group. They all have the same A actions and 19" barrels. On the far left is a standard Mini Classic, fairly plain wood with standard checkering. It's scoped with a Leupold Rimfire Compact 4X. To its right is a Blue Mountain Classic (engraved on the receiver), one of fifty made. The wood is a little nicer and the forearm is more like the traditional classic style. It has the standard mini checkering pattern. It's wearing a Kimber 4X scope. To the right of center is what I call my Custom Mini Classic, because I don't know what else to call it. It's a non-catalogued variation and I've never seen another one like it; maybe it's a special order. Decent wood, ebony tip, standard mini checkering pattern. The scope is a Leupold Compact 3X9 AO. This gun was my first KoO 82. If I'm taking a Kimber on a sagerat shoot, it's usually this one-It'll shoot with my Cooper. The rifle on the far right is a Custom Mini Classic with a number of upgrades. It has a Niedner plate, scallops on the bottom, wrap checkering at the wrist and full panel on the forearm and very nice wood with alot of figure. It's marked "Colton" on the barrel; all the others say "Clackamas." It also has the Warne red stain that is found on many of the Colton made rifles. It is mounted with a Leupold Compact 3X9 AO.
[IMG]

Last edited by SageRat22; 07-05-2018 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Updated Link to Pics
Old 01-05-2009, 03:26 PM
slingshot455

TPC Rating: 
100% (35)
We here is my first and only.... Kimber 22 hunter with Leupold 2x7

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-05-2009, 04:34 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
This is what I call the "Varminter" group. On the left is a Custom Classic Heavy Barrel. It has an A action, 24" barrel, lots of figure in the wood, panel checkering and the scope is a Leupold 3X9 Compact AO. In the center is a B actioned Custom Classic Heavy Barrel. It has the 24" barrel, full wrap checkering, inletted swivel posts and about the best wood I've seen on a Custom Classic style stock. It carries a Leupold 3X9 Compact AO. The rifle on the right is a Rimfire Varminter. One of 93 made, it has a laminated stock, curved rubber pad and a 25" very heavy barrel (it's the same barrel as found on an All American Match) and is a repeater with an A action. The scope is a Leupold 12X with a special range compensating reticle from Premier. These rifles are the real deal and really shoot.

Last edited by PWNolan; 07-15-2017 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Updated Link to Pics