ruger mark ii trigger - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:31 PM
dugd

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

took delivery of the mark ii today. Its in great shape. Trigger is beautiful! Don't know the weight but no comparison to the gov. model. The trigger has a stop screw installed but it doesn't come any where near the frame when the trigger is pulled. Maybe something after market? Pistol comes apart effortlessly and the same putting back together. Looking forward to the range tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:35 PM
Basrem

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm going to order the hammer strut for my MK2 stainless my triggers awesome but I bought a used I think it is a reworked or new trigger. That hammer strut deal looks like it could be a good thing thank you

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2019, 05:29 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Look at the trigger. If it is a Volquartsen it will have a second screw on the trigger. The second is on the upper front. That is what I put in my MKII, along with the sear and hammer bushing. Adjust the top screw first to get the release you want. The other screw, in the back, stops over travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugd View Post
took delivery of the mark ii today. Its in great shape. Trigger is beautiful! Don't know the weight but no comparison to the gov. model. The trigger has a stop screw installed but it doesn't come any where near the frame when the trigger is pulled. Maybe something after market? Pistol comes apart effortlessly and the same putting back together. Looking forward to the range tomorrow.

Old 06-04-2019, 08:34 PM
dugd

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There is a second screw at the front. I don't think I want to touch anything, it feels perfect the way it is. Is there any way to tell if there's a volquartsen sear in there without taking it apart? The weight is so light compared to my gov. model and from what I've read the stock trigger isn't that good by ruger or why would people buy the volquartsen set up? I don't really care what's in there because whatever it is its good!
Old 06-05-2019, 06:20 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
If you are happy with it, probably leave it alone. Maybe someone didn't want to use the over travel stop. The front screw, pre-travel, will take out any movement in the trigger prior to the actual sear break. It doesn't make the trigger any lighter but can be adjusted so that when it moves, it goes bang. If I remember correctly, you turn the screw in a little at a time till the sear does not break. Then using very small adjustments, take the screw back out till the sear breaks. Then set your over-travel stop.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:16 AM
dugd

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It doesn't look like the overtravel screw would reach the frame even with it all the way out. Its certainly got nothing to do with the take up and actual firing of the pistol. I think I'm just going to leave it alone. I'm going to order the Volquartsen sear for the gov. model. It looks like people order the hammer bushing at the same time. In Canada these sort of things aren't easy to find. The one place I found it (sylvestre sports in alberta) is out of stock and they don't carry the bushing. The whole kit costs about $200.00 plus. The sear alone is $50.00. You guys in the states have it great with all the places you can order from. Also, thanks a lot for all the info. This site is the best.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:48 AM
Bobshouse
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Can you email the person you purchased it from to find out? I would think if a person put in a VQ trigger, they would have also done the sear.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:48 AM
stewswanson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
EH- you can get one in Canada

There is a source in Canada. Sam Lam lives in Toronto and makes a great bushing which used to be $12 (us).Email him at [email protected] and see if he still makes them. I understand he even takes Paypal now.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:58 PM
dugd

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks, I sent him an email and will see if he replies.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:29 PM
dugd

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Had the pistol at the range yesterday and was very frustrated because of wind and the blade sight on the pistol. (old eyes) today took the sight off and installed my vortex venom with the egw dovetail mount from my gov. model and went early this morning before the wind picked up. What a difference a day makes. The gun loves almost all the ammo I put thru it but really liked the eley club. 5shots same hole at 10 yds and opened up tp 10 shots inside 3/4" at 25 yds. I've got to get the trigger done on the gov. model because I think it will shoot just as well.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:26 PM
Wowzer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My Mark II's trigger is 1lb2 ounces with all of the Volquartsen kit items. It breaks cleanly and is awesome for target shooting.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:25 PM
dugd

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was at the range today and couldn't duplicate the way it shot last week but still a great pistol. I've ordered the EGW mount for the gov. model but still have to find the sear in Canada. Sylvester sports is one place that carries volquartsen parts but doesn't have it on order.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:41 PM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
These Rugers with the Volquartsen internals installed are simply just wonderful pistols. I have two Mark II pistols, one with the full Volquartsen accuracy kit installed and the other with the Volquarten sear and a Clark target trigger. Just love both of them.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:24 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a "new" SS 6" MkII Standard that I added a VQ trigger to. Now have just 3\32" total travel, with just 1\32" PT, break, then 1\32" of OT...Crisp, smooth and a surprised breaking action...Nice!

The "2.75#" VQ trigger pull remained the same as per the OEM trigger, so I just ordered a VQ MkII Sear to lighten the pull (hopefully to 2# or less). I'll be keeping the Ruger hammer, so my question to those who know...would there be any advantage (or need) to changing the Ruger hammer bushing to the VQ bushing?

Thanks for any advice,

Ted
Old 06-27-2019, 11:44 PM
dugd

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was having problems ordering the egw mount and the sear and bushing so a friend in the states is getting it for me. They are legal to import into Canada so that's no problem. I ordered the bushing as well. I don't know if its finer machining than the ruger but a lot of people replace it as well. Maybe less friction? Looking foward to getting these parts in a couple of weeks.