Is It Just Me? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:23 PM
samven
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

In the past I liked the tube fed guns much more than mag fed because I hate mags that hang below the stock in the field. They were always in the way shooting offhand or hanging over a branch. Since the 10/22 and the aftermarket to accurize them I have made the switch.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:38 PM
armtx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Always been a mag fed guy, always. My first 22, was a Nylon 66 and it is tube fed through the stock, which I think is unique and it gets some looks at the range.

I grew up on a 39A. Again, tube fed and I still think they are a pain in the butt, but do have a couple of advantages

1. Hold more ammo
2.Dont have to worry about bending feed lips.
3.Almost impossible to lose a tube, because the ammo wont stay put without it.

They have their place, I just prefer mags for their convenience and typically cleaner lines on rifles that use them.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:27 PM
atomicsmurf

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You are not alone. I've got 3 tube feds (henry, marlin 60, marlin 981t). I love them all. I use the "arrow" method for speedloading, and it works just fine. Still not as fast as a magazine, but faster than dropping them one at a time down the tube.

I've never had a jam or feed issues with a tube fed. The one Ruger American I bought wouldn't feed anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2019, 08:36 PM
nfmMike
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tube for me. Like some others, I have a 60 that makes me very happy. Got an old Mossy 146BA that is a treasure and a pleasure too. If the box mag hangs below the stock, it's not for me - unless it's an AR. Even my bigger game rifles are smooth bottomed - a Win 94 32 Spl, a 336 30-30 and a Win 100 308. Hmm, I really do have mostly tube mag or single shot rifles.