Anyone try premium match ammo in their T1X? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-22-2019, 01:03 PM
Tomiboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Anyone try premium match ammo in their T1X?

Like Midas Plus, CenterX, Polar Biathlon, Tenex, etc.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:03 PM
catbird
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Anyone try premium match ammo in their T1X?

I shot some good ammos in mine soon after I got it a couple of months ago. The Midas+ was primo. At 50 yards I got three five shot groups at 1/4 except for one flyer in each group that opened them to 3/8. This was at an indoor range where I work, and the owner happened in as I shot the third group. I invited him to try his luck and he shot four shots literally in the same hole and one shot opened the group to 3/16. He shoots a lot more than I do, so I am thinking it was his ability that helped him embarrass me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2019, 04:03 PM
kisssofdeath

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well catbird, at least you know your Tikka will shoot.

BTW, is your avatar your real photo? If you could get that left eye straightened up a bit it might help your group size. Just a thought....only trying to help....

Old 05-22-2019, 04:17 PM
DavoM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomiboy View Post
About to this Sunday in a new rifle. Most likely Eley Tenex and Match, maybe R50 if I can find some. Sons rifle and he is eager to get out and shoot it. Keep you posted.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:14 AM
chilly807

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I tried Tenex and Center-X through mine, and it shot them like a shotgun pattern. A different lot might be pure magic, but the ones I had definitely weren't.

Eley Force HV and CCI SV have shown the most promise so far.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:54 AM
kisssofdeath

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I have shot:

Sk Rifle Match, Sk Pistol Match, SK STD+
Wolf Match Target
Eley Target, Match, Match Pistol, Edge
Federal Gold Medal Match
Lapua Center-X and Pistol King
Old 05-24-2019, 04:06 PM
Noknot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisssofdeath View Post
I have shot:

Sk Rifle Match, Sk Pistol Match, SK STD+
Wolf Match Target
Eley Target, Match, Match Pistol, Edge
Federal Gold Medal Match
Lapua Center-X and Pistol King
Which one grouped the best?
Old 05-24-2019, 09:05 PM
kisssofdeath

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This Tikka shoots a lot of ammo good. On any given day one would outshoot the other. But if I had to choose only one it would be Lapua Pistol King. Center-X shot good but not good enough to pay $3 more a box. Here are some results of the past. Read the top of the plate and you can see what ammo was shot along with other notable details.

CCI SV with Sparrow Suppressor

Pistol King with Lantec Brake

Wolf Match Target with Sparrow

SK Rifle Match with Sparrow

Lapua Pistol King with Sparrow

Eley Target with Sparrow

Federal GM Match and CCI SV with Sparrow

Eley Edge with Sparrow and Wolf Match Target with Sparrow

SK Rifle Match with Sparrow and Lapua Pistol King with Sparrow

Tikka with the Sparrow. I prefer to shoot suppressed when the rifle allows it.

Tikka with the Lantec

I have another Tikka T1x and I believe it shoots best with the Lantec muzzle brake.
Old 05-26-2019, 04:14 PM
DavoM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavoM View Post
About to this Sunday in a new rifle. Most likely Eley Tenex and Match, maybe R50 if I can find some. Sons rifle and he is eager to get out and shoot it. Keep you posted.
Strong winds only allowed an initial scope site in at 25 yds. Wasting ammo after this. Predictably the Tikka bug holed at this distance with a variety of ammo. Will try again later in the week if the weather picks up.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:49 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Like KOD showed with his targets, the T1X shoots a lot of different ammos pretty well. Mine shoots well with CCI SGB and it is not subsonic. It is 1235 Ft/sec and it is a true one hole with 5 shots. I think Chilly may be onto something in his thinking that this Tikka shoots the slower supersonic as well or better than subsonic ammo. But other rifles may differ. But every higher velocity ammo I have tried (up to 1420 fps) has shot better than it normally does in my other rifles. The T1X is incredibly unpicky about what kind of ammo it shoots well.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:23 AM
Qqn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CCI SV with SAK silencer on the t1x (that has been without, explaining the top right POI shift)

Don't bother getting highly priced ammo (except for competition or typical use), i'm having .7 moa on average at 50m these days
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190527_092027_1558941722235.jpg (358.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 05-27-2019, 04:43 PM
Tomiboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I don't compete but I still love shooting tiny groups and I'm willing to pay extra for the match ammo to do it. My CZ 452 consistently shoots .35" average groups with Midas plus. I'd like to get a Tikka....just wondering if these kind of groups are possible. I think with the right ammo they are possible, considering how many get very good groups with CCI SV. This is why I asked about match ammo.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:04 AM
kisssofdeath

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I don't compete but I still love shooting tiny groups and I'm willing to pay extra for the match ammo to do it. My CZ 452 consistently shoots .35" average groups with Midas plus. I'd like to get a Tikka....just wondering if these kind of groups are possible. I think with the right ammo they are possible, considering how many get very good groups with CCI SV. This is why I asked about match ammo.
That's less than 3/8" which is really good. About the best I can do with my Tikka's is average between 3/8" and 1/2". I shot 200 rounds yesterday evening with my Tikka #2. I will update a thread I have running later on with other details.
Old 06-01-2019, 04:12 PM
DavoM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Still haven't tried my sons Tikka yet but was RO at the club yesterday and the club Tikka went between three different shooters. Ammo used was Eley bulk, SK flatnose and roundnose match, CCI standard and Eley Match. Match was KYL style from 50-100yds. General comment was that "this rifle isn't ammo fussy". Two new folks are now considering the Tikka as their first .22. The little rifle sure does continue to impress. All shooters shot well and one used the Eley bulk to score 4/5 hits on the Silhouette chicken at 200yds. He was rapt as you could imagine.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:53 PM
chilly807

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've since had a chance to try some more ammo through mine.

The Tenex showed much better results this time, I think the reason for that is me figuring out how I need to hold the Tikka for the best results.

SK Pistol Match and Pistol Match Special both shot about the same, similar to SK Biathlon Sport. Good but not outstanding.

RWS Target Rifle was good also.

Eley Force remains the standout winner through my T1x. I never expected to see a HV ammo perform like that.

I guess if the quality is there, it's just a faster moving bullet.

I'd agree that the rifle isn't picky about ammo. As usual, some are better than others.