More reassembly issues - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-26-2019, 07:18 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I have this issue to a degree also. For me, the issue is the rod that contains the recoil spring has a nub on the back end of it, and the pin that you are trying to push up into the receiver has to push that nub aside so that it can go up into the receiver that last little fraction of an inch that it needs to go. Sometimes I will take a very small screwdriver and go down into the hole from the top of the receiver and push that little nub out of the way a little bit, kind of one of those three handed operations! Please let me know if what I am saying makes sense, if not I will try to describe it a little better. I have thought a couple of times about trying to file that nub down a little bit so it would be easier to push the pin in, but once I figured the issue out I have been able to work around it.

Last edited by wproct; 04-26-2019 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:27 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I know exactly what you are describing. That is pretty much the issue but the recoil spring assembly, the thing you are describing with the nub on it, pushes back but the locating pin just won't go the last little bit. Frustrating.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:30 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I appreciate all the help being offered here and am beginning to feel like I am being a nuisance here but I do appreciate all the attention.

Does the bolt, once installed, fit flush with the back of the barrel assembly? It just seems that the main spring pin is not centered in the hole and is off just a smidgen to the rear.

Old 04-27-2019, 09:49 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, the bolt ears at the rear may not sit flush up against the cutouts in the rear of the receiver but the face of the bolt should fit up flush against the breach of the barrel. Yes, sometimes it takes a little effort to get that fork shaped piece on the back of the recoil spring guide rod exactly centered in the bolt. Don't get discouraged, I have owned Ruger semi-auto rimfire pistols for 50 years and one of my MKII pistols is fitted really tight and there are times that it will drive me a little nuts getting it re-assembled. It's just part of the deal and you will learn to love them in spite of some of these difficulties.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:54 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Thanks for the encouragement . I have had this pistol since new many years ago but just now really getting more serious about accuracy. Guess I should have done that many years ago when my eyes were a lot better. I just never got into messing with it and now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have left well enough alone. It is just so tight fitting I am questioning if I have everything right.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:56 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
One more piece of advice. It is absolutely necessary that the barrel receiver assembly is perfectly rotated to be centered in the grip frame assembly. Getting the receiver rotated in exactly the right place can be a little troublesome.
Old 04-27-2019, 01:09 PM
stewswanson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wproct is right on

To insure alignment, before putting in the bolt, insert the stop pin from the top. Only when it will go all the way down is a easy assembly assured.
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by wproct View Post
One more piece of advice. It is absolutely necessary that the barrel receiver assembly is perfectly rotated to be centered in the grip frame assembly. Getting the receiver rotated in exactly the right place can be a little troublesome.
Old 04-27-2019, 01:57 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Thanks Stu. Have don that. Pin goes all the way in and engages like it is supposed to. Put the bolt in and it won't make that final 1/8 inch. Still trying.
Old 04-27-2019, 08:26 PM
[email protected]
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Do you have the original trigger or the aftermarket trigger installed?

Sometimes with a tight fitting pin/ hammer assembly, the hammer does not rotate forward easily and can interfere with the latch assembly going all the way up. I have used a punch to move the hammer forward while pressing the trigger. If the hammer will not rotate forward when pulling the trigger, it may be your trigger is not moving the disconnector and in turn, the sear/hammer.
Your original post trouble may be part of this problem.
Also, when pivoting the latch in, make certain the dog leg is falling down and not catching in the slot with the pin that it seems to like to get in.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:04 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I've gone back and put all the original parts back in with the same issues. Still haven't been able to progress to the point of trying to close the latch yet. Going to a pro first of the week.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:22 PM
stewswanson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
One more thing to try

Put the bolt in without the recoil spring assembly in the bolt. This will identify if the spring yoke is hanging you up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasttombstone View Post
I've gone back and put all the original parts back in with the same issues. Still haven't been able to progress to the point of trying to close the latch yet. Going to a pro first of the week.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:18 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
That is the culprit for sure. Had been thinking that all along but hadn't thought of taking the rebound spring assembly out to try. Does the spring tension adjust any way?
Old 04-28-2019, 07:25 PM
HBoswell

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Before you completely give up, you might try taking the recoil spring out of the bolt and rotating the yoke 180 degrees to flip the nub over. It is rounded on the end and can become slightly flat over time which could cause it to bind. Just a thought.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:47 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
HB.. thanks for the tip. Have tried that both ways with no success. Maybe I'm just too old and weak to get it to seat.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:44 PM
stewswanson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Try using a long flat bladed screwdriver on the underside of the mainspring housing(hinged open) and strike it with a hammer to encourage the pin into place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasttombstone View Post
HB.. thanks for the tip. Have tried that both ways with no success. Maybe I'm just too old and weak to get it to seat.