Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Just cking CCI Standard Velocity ammo for a new 41 PC.

6K views 42 replies 18 participants last post by  Bumeye 
#1 ·
I believe this is whats recommended. Just wanted to make 100% sure prior to buying some in bulk. Have some, but does not cycle my other autos. Thanks!

CCI Standard Velocity .22 LR 40 gr

See less See more
#31 ·
I guess persistence pays off, took the 41 to the indoor range for a little shooting, took along some CCI SV again, loaded up a magazine and it ripped right through it, well how about that, ended up running a hundred rounds though it with no problems. I'd given it a general cleaning after the last outing including a good scrubbing of the chamber. I'm a happy camper as I've got a couple of cases of this on hand.:bthumb:

#36 ·
Through some quirk mine would shoot SK, Eley, Lapua etc. but was failing to eject and feed another round with CCI SV, I'd run several hundred rounds of CCI Minimags trough it to "break it in" but until yesterday no joy. I'm very happy now.:bthumb:

#39 ·
I shot CCI SV in my 41 for several years and the pistol functioned flawless. Last 2 cases of CCI SV are nothing but trouble, stovepipes, slide coming back partially and putting the empty case back in the chamber. Tried oiling the ammo like Clark Custom Guns suggested and it runs perfect again. Tried Aguila SV yesterday which has a MV of 1150 and it ran perfect although the accuracy was not as good as the CCI. I think CCI has made a change to the SV that is causing this problem.

#41 ·
More important, will CCI-SV work in your new M-41?
They do very well in mine, but mine is not yours!
Since you say CCI-SV doesn't work in your other .22lrs, I suggest erring on the side of caution and running a box through to see if it works in your M-41 before committing to a power buy of the stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.