Pacific Northwest Kimber Fanciers 1st Gathering - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-15-2019, 01:42 AM
DES/TSD
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

NO WAY!!!! I want all the big game hunting opportunities I can get! It is the only hunting I get to do because of all you yahoos that keep breaking gunstocks. I am blessed with work and no time to go out and "play" like some others who's "paying relaxation opportunity" comes on the deck of a boat. I take the opportunities as they come from the shop to the house. Lock and load baby! Be werry werry quiet...I'm huntin' varmints.

Seriously, last year a family of foxes moved into my side of the valley and removed 90-95% of all the rodents. Of course they moved up the valley to more plentiful hunting grounds. I hope they survive the next two generations. They are welcome here anytime. No grey diggers....no rattlesnake problem.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:33 PM
HUSHKABOOM

TPC Rating: 
100% (35)
A friend I met on the Pacific Crest Trail.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rattler.jpg (196.5 KB, 180 views)
Old 05-15-2019, 02:48 PM
BobSc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSHKABOOM View Post
A friend I met on the Pacific Crest Trail.
Had the same situation spring bear hunting in Wenaha a few years back. I was close enough for it to strike if my buddy hadn't stopped me. My hearing is getting so bad, I couldn't hear it rattling like crazy....

I've also ran into lots of them while floating he Deschutes in May... Had one crawl into camp and curl up under a guy's lawn chair while he was bs'ing with us and we didn't even notice until it had been there a couple minutes. A few tense moments there for a bit....

That'll tighten up the old sphincter for a while....

Bob

Old 05-20-2019, 06:26 PM
DES/TSD

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
REMINDER: Those attending are encouraged to bring an interesting Kimber with them for Show and tell. We won't have white gloves....so don't bring a $ 21K Kimber for show and tell! The weather is suppose to become very tolerable that weekend. We will be out side and there is shaded/covered areas for those who are sun allergic.

PARTY STARTS BETWEEN 2-3 PM. FOOD SHOULD BE READY BY 3....I hope!

See ya there!

Dennis Earl Smith
Old 05-21-2019, 09:50 AM
SageRat22

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
I’ll try to find something interesting to bring, likely not a boring Centennial.
A word to the wise, this ain’t my first rodeo with large scale bbq’s. If Dennis wants it ready at 3:00pm, I’ll have it ready before that, so don’t be late.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:46 PM
DES/TSD

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A BIG Thank you to John Dimick for the fantastic job on the food yesterday!! There were 13 attendees counting wives and sweethearts. We had a great time dodging mosquitoes, rain, and believe it or not...sunburn! There has already been talk of next years venue. John Dimick has volunteered his place as the meeting arena.

Yes, there were some mighty fine looking Kimber Rifles assembled for inspection. Tall tales were told, stories of discovery, and sighs of just plain contentment after the fine food. There was lots to be had and none went hungry. Thanks to Steve Kirby for the dessert! Marion Berry pie, Apple Crumb pie, Vanilla ice cream, and one other ice cream I paid no attention to.

Looking to next year!
Old 05-28-2019, 01:19 PM
DES/TSD

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Less anyone think I am not grateful for the PNW members who came to make this event a success...IMO. Thank you for making the drive to Eastern Oregon on a first of many get togethers in the future:

Bob Maddix, Steve Kirby, Cameron House, Tom Lyons, Tim Hall, Bob Schulz, Mary Ann Hanson, Alita Dimick, my wife Suzi, and of course John Dimick.

Last edited by DES/TSD; 05-28-2019 at 05:38 PM. Reason: misspelled name
Old 05-28-2019, 03:16 PM
BobSc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Dennis, thanks so much for putting on this gathering. You and your wife's wonderful hospitality made it a great gathering and meeting some of the Kimber faithful was a lot of fun and very informative. Not to mention how much I enjoyed looking at the beautiful stock work and the incredible wood you are working with.

Looking forward to the next one for sure....

Bob Schulz
Old 05-28-2019, 08:04 PM
SageRat22

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
It was a very enjoyable event made so by the presence of so many people that shared a high level of interest and knowledge of Kimber rifles. And putting faces with RFC names was a treat too. I foresee a bright future for this event and will do whatever I can to enable it.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:35 PM
jearl

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Any pictures of the event?
Old 05-29-2019, 06:10 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (89)
IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg
Old 05-29-2019, 06:52 PM
BobSc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Well Dennis, we tried to help out- I think a few of your hungriest mosquitoes hitched a ride in our car on the way home. It was a dirty fight, but I think we won by time we made Corbett....

Bob
Old 05-30-2019, 02:06 AM
HUSHKABOOM

TPC Rating: 
100% (35)
Had a great time. Saw some rare Kimbers. Fed a mosquito so that Dennis can enjoy the next generation in his yard.

SageRat22 can cook!!
SageRat22 brought my favorite Kimber, a custom Cascade and it is the one and only Ducks Unlimited model! Thank you John.

Dennis and his wife are the best hosts. Dennis allowed us into is shop and patiently showed us some of his stock work and explained how its done. Big thank you Dennis. Dennis has an amazing amount of Kimber history stored in his memory banks!

Had a wonderful time visiting with some folks I had previously known only through contact here on RFC. And I even met up with a guy I have visited with at a few guns shows in recent years.

Then I went south to the Oregon sagebrush country and walked many miles carrying my Custom Classic and looking for jackrabbits.
Thank you again Dennis and SageRat22!