Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-04-2019, 09:33 AM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)

I picked up one of these about a month ago. It's my first Walther firearm. So far I've been very happy with it. Very comfortable grip for my hands.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:16 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtCrunch View Post
Nothing that exotic Al. I used to fly RC airplanes a lot (still do a little) and put Captain Crunch name tags on the cockpits for fun...then after I murdered the 8th or 9th poor defenseless little model airplane I demoted myself to Lt Crunch. I guess it's kinda impersonating an officer but at this point I'm way past office hours and NJP.

Glad Sir Charles didn't take you out! And yes, I figured it was the factory test target but I'd still be thrilled to shoot unrested groups like that at 25 yards with iron (plastic?) sights.

Frank
Thanks for your military life's history lesson Crunch. I could live with groups like that @ 10 yds..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
I picked up one of these about a month ago. It's my first Walther firearm. So far I've been very happy with it. Very comfortable grip for my hands.
Hopefully I'll see this weekend if it goes bang when I yank on the bang switch with the boogerhook as its supposed to get up into the 50s by Sunday. No range and lots of snow in the woods so it'll be an impromptu location of safe convenience to rap off a few mags. I've high expectations.
Can't beat the simplicity of field stripping em eh?
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1554434123

Bond, Al Bond
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fullsizeoutput_43f.jpg (557.1 KB, 10 views)
Old 04-05-2019, 12:25 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
I think you'll be happy with it, I know I am. And yes very easy to field strip, just like an M&P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2019, 08:42 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Still lots of snow in the woods but a gravel pit 40 mi. away was open so I got to try it out.
Blazer 115 grn ammo was a no go with FTE almost every round out of 10. I switched to some Hornady 135 grn SD hp fodder and dumped a mag with nary a hiccup.
The gun is cleaned again and stashed with the slide locked back. Tomorrow during our 4-8" snowstorm I'll cycle the action until I get weary of it.

I joined the Walther site, to use their search feature, but even when logged in there's too many pop-ups and rolling vids irritating me to log in again. Hack tooey!

As of 2016 the PPQs were built in Germany. I wonder if their firearms have this ridiculous billboard on em or if its just reserved for us Murican nine packing gangstas yo.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1554903456
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1100778.jpg (479.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 04-10-2019, 08:56 AM
LtCrunch
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Al's New Gat

That's weird that it wouldn't feed the 115 grain Blazers Al...Anyone besides you I'd question whether there was some limp wristing going on but I know you're not doing that. Agreed, cycle the crap out of that slide and apply some good dry lube and try again.

As far as RTFM emblazoned on the side, that's actually pretty good advice

Frank
Old 04-10-2019, 02:05 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
As far as RTFM emblazoned on the side, that's actually pretty good advice

Frank
Gaaaah!!!
Old 04-19-2019, 09:24 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I hand cycled the Walther gangsta 200 times watching hockey and left it locked back since my last post after cleaning. Today it was almost warm enough for a session so I tried again on the way back from the fishing shack. This time it cycled the 115 grn but wouldn't lock back when empty but will with heavier ammo. At 43˚ with cold geezer fingers I didn't adjust the rear sight as it shoots a couple inches low @ 15-20 paces with my 6:00 hold. I'll try the fatter grips next time out to see how it feels.
Overall I like it even though muzzle flip is a bit more than expected from a full size pistol. The trigger is a bit 'catchy', 3 stage, and needs some attention.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:40 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
Striker fired pistols have alot in common mechanically, and here's a link if you wanna do a DIY trigger job that hopefully help you make your three stage trigger into something mo betta. . https://www.pewpewtactical.com/glock...t-trigger-job/

Also the aforementioned muzzle flip will always be there as that Walther has a lighter than metal polymer frame. NBD, it is what it is.
Thanks TD.
The barrel is metal though. I didn't think to weigh it but Walther says its 27.9 oz of steel/poly.

I did a 15 rounds in 15 seconds drill and the barrel was not hot to the touch. Is that normal or because of the lack of sharp lands in a mirror like bore. Al wondered to himself.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:45 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Sometimes it is how the weight is distributed that will make a noticeable different in this case muzzle flip. Also a more dense material will tend to absorb versus transfer energy.

Your barrel did not seemingly feel hot to the touch due to the ambient air temperature. The overall surface area of the sides of the bullet in contact with the barrel will cause a relative greater amount friction and therefore transfer of kinetic energy and conversion to heat than sharp barrel lands.
I did a bit of research and the average pistol barrels are not subject to heating like rifles for several major reasons including but not limited to lower speeds and the generally shorter barrels. Good, because my double tap drill sure needs some work.
The 34˚ monsoon spring rains can cease any time.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:15 AM
LtCrunch

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Unsolicited brain flatulence Al...A good pistol is like a good pair of shoes. They're comfortable right out of the box. I'm no Elmer Keith but I've owned and shot a lot of handguns. Out of many there have been a few, maybe 4 or 5 that spoke to me almost immediately. Feel, handling, accuracy, the whole package. My PPQ M2 is one of those. I bet this one of yours will be like that too once you settle down with it.

Side note: For a South Canadian you sure whine about the cold weather a lot

Frank
Old 04-22-2019, 01:53 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Unsolicited brain flatulence Al...A good pistol is like a good pair of shoes. They're comfortable right out of the box. I'm no Elmer Keith but I've owned and shot a lot of handguns. Out of many there have been a few, maybe 4 or 5 that spoke to me almost immediately. Feel, handling, accuracy, the whole package. My PPQ M2 is one of those. I bet this one of yours will be like that too once you settle down with it.

Side note: For a South Canadian you sure whine about the cold weather a lot

Frank
I'm betwixt the fattest included grip and the medium one. Trigger finger placement during actual firing needs to be tested.

Ahem, I'm in Michigan, south shore of L. Superior, aka Yoopersville. Heavy rain during the spring snow melt causes flooding mayhem.
Old 05-27-2019, 01:47 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Decided to get the Crimson Trace green laser on sale and a free red one with proof of purchase. They said it was sighted in at the factory and danged if it wasn't so I must have it mounted correctly. It is BRIGHT! I like it.
Not my best low light pic.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1558982764
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fullsizeoutput_483.jpg (533.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 07-02-2019, 12:46 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Came across this and thought it might be helpful.

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/2...tch-frame-mod/
Thanks TD. I haven't noticed that problem with mine, yet. Perhaps my strong hand middle finger isn't strong enough and I need to play in traffic with idiots more to strengthen it i.e. Earnhardt salute.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:40 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My groups are improving as I practice proper grip control. And no, you're not seeing my poopy targets, yet.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:50 AM
LtCrunch

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Range Danger Close

Pro Tip Mr Infidel. Just move the targets up close, punch a couple tight groups and then post the results without specifying the distance.

Your OOOss!! and AHHHs!! await

Nice looking piece, glad you're still having fun with it!

Frank