The resurrection of #00137! - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-28-2019, 05:11 PM
Gillis2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Again, very nice. I have a Unertl 15X like yours. Mine shares its time between a Win 52B and a Martini Intl MK 2. Really like those scopes ( and the rifles too of course).
Let us know how your vintage Remmy set up shoots.

Gilbert
Old 03-31-2019, 07:00 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillis2 View Post
Again, very nice. I have a Unertl 15X like yours. Mine shares its time between a Win 52B and a Martini Intl MK 2. Really like those scopes ( and the rifles too of course).
Let us know how your vintage Remmy set up shoots.

Gilbert

Well after a bunch of lead down range and finding a loose mount. This is the best I could do today at 50 yards with plain old Golden bullets.

Last edited by RangeMaster37; 03-31-2019 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:57 PM
noisy2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
rem 37

love the gun what u r doing, im doing the same with a 52 i hope to find me a 37 they just dont make em like these any more

Old 04-01-2019, 03:08 PM
Gillis2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Range master: Have you given the bore a good scrub using a lead loosener product like rimfire blend, a bronze brush and many, many patches ? I don't do this often but when I get an older rifle that I suspect might be very dirty, I do it.

Also you should try match ammo: Eley, Lapua, RWS etc.
Expensive stuff but sometimes ( though not always ) gives better results.

Gilbert
Old 04-01-2019, 03:44 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillis2 View Post
Range master: Have you given the bore a good scrub using a lead loosener product like rimfire blend, a bronze brush and many, many patches ? I don't do this often but when I get an older rifle that I suspect might be very dirty, I do it.

Also you should try match ammo: Eley, Lapua, RWS etc.
Expensive stuff but sometimes ( though not always ) gives better results.

Gilbert
The bore is clean with no issues. I took some time to sight in the Unertl and I just wanted to see what it would do with the cheap stuff. I have the good stuff but didn't want to go through it for sighting in purposes. I think it will do much better especially when the trigger is adjusted down. That is the only thing I forgot about before assembling it back together. The trigger right now is far from what I would want. Thanks for your thoughts!
Old 04-01-2019, 03:50 PM
pump .22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I would get the trigger as you like it and then try some of the premium ammo. I have some quiet accurate guns and Remington Golden bullets will shoot no better than that in them. I expect you will get significant improvement....

As to the Unertl.....a big . I have three of these mounted on 52s and they are my favorite scopes.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:54 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangeMaster37 View Post
The bore is clean with no issues. I took some time to sight in the Unertl and I just wanted to see what it would do with the cheap stuff. I have the good stuff but didn't want to go through it for sighting in purposes. I think it will do much better especially when the trigger is adjusted down. That is the only thing I forgot about before assembling it back together. The trigger right now is far from what I would want. Thanks for your thoughts!

You mention "adjusting the trigger down". My 37 has the same DOM as yours. I have inquired on this forum and have been told that you really can't do much, if any, adjustment on the triggers of that vintage. At best some polishing of parts by someone competent in that process. My pull weight averages 3lb 8 oz, which confirmed to NRA competition rules of that era. I would be interested to learn your adjustment process and success. Very interested in this project and wish you all success in the endeavor.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:20 AM
shine

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldshot50 View Post
You mention "adjusting the trigger down". My 37 has the same DOM as yours. I have inquired on this forum and have been told that you really can't do much, if any, adjustment on the triggers of that vintage. At best some polishing of parts by someone competent in that process. My pull weight averages 3lb 8 oz, which confirmed to NRA competition rules of that era. I would be interested to learn your adjustment process and success. Very interested in this project and wish you all success in the endeavor.
I have one with the pre-Miracle trigger, polished all the parts and changed the spring and it came down to 23 0z..the spring made huge difference, and passes slam fire test.