Kimber 82 Gov't Bolt disasemble - Page 5 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Gary O
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)

Good morning. Well, last night I attempted; along with a friend who has a steadier hand than I do, to dis-assemble the bolt on my Kimber of Oregon 82a. It must be an early gun because it has no bolt stop and the threads on the bolt cocking stud were right-handed. So, my friend got it torn down using the info supplied here with relative ease and it was spotless inside after all these years. I bought it new in '85. All along I have been occasionally spraying the assembled bolt with CLP spray and not greasing the lugs or cocking stud at all. Now I know better.
One last thing; do any of you folks know where I could buy some spare parts? Like:
bolt cocking stud (right handed).
extractor springs.
firing pin spring.
firing pin?
Thanks, again...
Old 12-30-2012, 08:41 PM
parmel
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Gary,

I picked up several of the cocking screws from Numrich last week and J&P has the other parts https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/index.php?cPath=32

Paul
Old 03-13-2013, 01:15 AM
Killshot44

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thanks, this thread made the task of disassembly and reassembly really straightforward.

Still-new action is very smooth.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:49 AM
severedirkitis

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Kerry & Duke - absolutely excellent directions. Thank you so much.

I just came home from CMP North yesterday with 2 Kimbers and the first one wouldn't even allow me to close the bolt. Taking it apart using your instructions, I found alot of rust inside the bolt. I completely agree that without taking the complete bolt assembly apart, there's no way it could be cleaned enough to operate smoothly.

Thanks again!!!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:33 PM
willymakit

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Spring tool

OK you Kimber 82 G guys, I wish to make a spring "pushing" tool for my pals 82G bolt. He complains about re-assembly and having seen the parts drawing think a tool could be made to assist re-assembly. Could someone please provide the diameter in thousandths of an inch for the I.D. of S-406, Firing Pin (rear part) this is where the mainspring goes in. Also the diameter of S-408, mainspring pin.
Thanking you in advance,
willy
Old 07-24-2013, 09:37 PM
langenc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Interesting!

Tue I printed the sticky instructions for bolt cleaning. I started to push that pin out then asked my wife to knock it back in as I pushed on the pin to kinda line it up w/ the hole.

I was just getting ready to suggest that someone make a 'spring fork' to push the spring in on each side of the pin. Pin could then be slid in kinda easy, much easier than w/ a small screwdriver.

Im in for one when they are made..
Old 07-25-2013, 11:42 AM
willymakit

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dimensions

OK.............. With the dimensions I requested I should be able to produce such a "fork".
willy
Old 08-02-2013, 09:14 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (123)
Why not use an appropriately sized wooden dowel, and cut a groove in it for the pin to slide through?
Old 09-19-2013, 08:30 PM
thtwit
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A screwdriver and grimmel tool or small file :-)

About two minutes with a screwdriver that just fits up inside the bolt barrel and a grimmel tool or small file would produce a 'Nice' 82G bolt assembly/dissasembly tool that will last a life time:-)
Ask me how I know
BTW: I have a small clamp on vice [from Harbor freight] with rubber jaw covers that I have clamped to my gun-work table.
Urequee! the "Third hand" Clamp your modified screwdriver, now known as a Kimber 82 Bolt firingpin and spring removal tool in the vice and get er done!
thtwit.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:01 AM
tmont
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeofdata View Post
I put this .pdf file together as I worked on my latest Kimber 82G bolt: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ao04r8...20Cleaning.pdf

Enjoy!
What a great guide for a new Kimber 82G owner.
Like the old saying goes: one picture is worth one thousand words.
Your guide made the disassembly/reassembly an easy task.
Thank you so much for putting this together.
Tom
Old 05-05-2017, 09:27 PM
4HDAD

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Kerry, cleaned my bolt with lighter fluid as well as brake cleaner. Blew it out and got a bunch of junk out. Read you post and broke the bolt down per your directions and boy was I glad I did! It had all kinds of grud in it and some rust as well. Oiled up a piece of steel wool and cleaned it all up. Your directions were spot on Sir!!!
Thanks for posting...