Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-15-2019, 01:39 PM
BRNO/CZluvr
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Warranty dilemma??

New 97B, cleaned, oiled slide and went to range this morning. Cleared weapon for range officer. When I let slide go forward, from the bottom of gun shot out the main spring and main spring plug. I told officer " I guess I won't be shooting this one today". When I took a break and checked out the gun and manual, discovered that the main spring plug pin was never installed at the factory. Here's the dilemma. The part costs 2 dollars and looks like it would be very easy to replace. Should I call CZ for warranty service or just spend a few bucks and just replace it myself????? It's brand new and never shot.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:44 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
Call CZ USA and they may well send the part to you gratis (or want you to return it to them on their dime). I'd at least give them a call and see.

800-955-4486
Old 06-15-2019, 04:24 PM
Clem-E

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
on my wifes american, the sear surface was cut unsquare, while it created a nice light pull, i wanted to call and ask about getting a second trigger in case the sear surface chipped. the first lady i talked to wanted me to send the rifle back. so i told her i would think about it. i decided just to order one rather than send the rifle in, so i called up and the next person i talked to, i told him what was going on and that i was told to send the rifle back, but i did not want to do that so i just wanted to order another trigger. he said, no need for me to pay for that. he would just send me out another at no charge. so it is possible, just depends on who you talk to.

Old 06-15-2019, 05:34 PM
BRNO/CZluvr
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Thanks for the advice, I definitely will call them tomorrow. Decided to let them correct the problem. This is the first time I have ever had a problem with any of my 6 CZ pistols or 15 CZ rifles. I'm sure they will fix it. Please feel free to delete or move this thread.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:07 PM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Call CZ USA and they may well send the part to you gratis (or want you to return it to them on their dime). I'd at least give them a call and see.

800-955-4486
They are very easy to work with. Give them a call.