Don't poo-poo the TD model - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:08 PM
kjohn
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I have one. Only mod is an el cheapo red dot. Love the way it stores under the seat in our 2015 Ford SC. Shoots just fine as far as I am concerned.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:47 PM
BillMelater

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerostarr View Post
I have 2 of the TD rifles. The one is one of my most accurate rifles, it just simply amazes me with it's accuracy. The other one I have problems with the rifle shooting straight, always hits to the left. I haven't given up on it yet and I'll get it figured out eventually. So I'm not Poo Pooing on them, I actually really like them.
I also have 2 TDs, one shoots 1.5" groups at 75 yds and the other is a 7" spread at 75 yds. Both rifles are set up exactly the same and by switching barrels i can make the good rifle shoot bad and the bad rifle shoot good so it has to be the barrel. Tomorrow i will order a Fedderson bull barrel and go from there.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:56 PM
BillMelater

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMelater View Post
I also have 2 TDs, one shoots 1.5" groups at 75 yds and the other is a 7" spread at 75 yds. Both rifles are set up exactly the same and by switching barrels i can make the good rifle shoot bad and the bad rifle shoot good so it has to be the barrel. Tomorrow i will order a Fedderson bull barrel and go from there.
Got the Feddersen bull barrel 16.25" and rifle after 50rds is shooting 1.5" at 100 yds using CCI sv 40gr lead round nose. That was the best 5 shot group. Too cold here -2F to do any more testing.

Old 03-04-2019, 09:32 PM
jac54
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up

Bought it tried it, bad trigger, shot better after I fire lapped the barrel, rusted easier than my blue one, never could get it to shoot to the same place after breaking it down. Sold it and bought a Savage.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:26 AM
Resasi

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Guess you win some, lose some.

Put together a TD for my son, and granddaughters to learn on. A Backpacker stock, stock receiver, Pike Arms stainless barrel, Ruger BX trigger, Holosun 503GU Red Dot, extended mag release, poly buffers, and auto bolt return. Shoots beautifully and we are both delighted with its accuracy.

Itís a light compact long gun that the kids will find quiet and easy to shoot. Just bought the new Holosun X3 Magnifier as my eyes are not as good as they once were and would like to tighten up my groups at 100yds.

It packs up small to tote down to the range in a small Pelican tool case we put some foam rubber into. The Red Dot stays on and the Magnifier has a QR mount so will pop on and off quickly.

As a small fun gun thats cheap to run, it a multi-purpouse, HD, Bug-out, first gun for the young.

I love it and just wish I had got one years ago.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:26 AM
JTJ
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I could not get mine to shoot well until I put it in a Backpacker stock. Now it does very well.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:19 PM
bobalu
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Takedown guns were around long before Ruger made the 10/22 TD because some people found them useful. They are certainly not just for peppers but for anyone who thinks a smaller package for storage or transport would be useful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
Like living in an apartment!
Old 06-19-2019, 08:38 PM
USAFA71

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bought the TD lite about three weeks ago and added a Sig Romeo 5 for range use. The first 10 rds worked fine, but when using the factory mag(with red follower) it started jamming 75-80% of the rounds. Tried a second new mag(red follower) and high velocity ammo from Remington, Federal, and Winchester, as well as Federal AutoMatch, with the same results. My two older, black follower magazines worked better, but not perfect, yet all four magazines worked in an older stainless 10-22.

Was sent to the Mother ship this week, so am waiting for the verdict.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:40 PM
94Vette

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good accuracy here too.

I use my take down for ground hogs.
I put in the BX trigger and a 4x16 scope. I can get 1 MOA if the wind is quiet.