New ammo run - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-12-2019, 03:54 PM
M40A1
US Marines

Join Date: 
Feb 2007
Posts: 
9
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
New ammo run shoots great in my rifle



Log in to see fewer ads
Shot the new ammo run in my 591M.this is the first 8 shot group at 50 yards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1557694400091.jpg (415.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg image_1557694440784.jpg (394.4 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by M40A1; 05-12-2019 at 08:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-13-2019, 07:28 AM
22_boomer
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2004
Location: 
Florida
Posts: 
657
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M40A1 View Post
Shot the new ammo run in my 591M.this is the first 8 shot group at 50 yards
Is that ammo in a new manufacturing run actually newer that the January start? I got an e-mail from Aguila and they had said that they had a limited run that was released in January so if they decided to do another run that's great.

Good shooting and nice looking rifle. Is that a camo-rap on your barrel? I hope to get out and try shooting my rifle again but robed the scope and mounts for another rifle so I need to get new stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-13-2019, 07:53 AM
Al the Infidel's Avatar
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jan 2007
Location: 
Yoopersville, MI
Posts: 
1,011,483
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looking good M4. Thats a dead coyote at 50yds for sure.
__________________
If we were serious about saving lives, our vehicles would have breathalyzers tied into ignition kill switches.
Reply With Quote
 
  #4  
Old 05-13-2019, 04:12 PM
M40A1
US Marines

Join Date: 
Feb 2007
Posts: 
9
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22_boomer View Post
Is that ammo in a new manufacturing run actually newer that the January start? I got an e-mail from Aguila and they had said that they had a limited run that was released in January so if they decided to do another run that's great.b

Good shooting and nice looking rifle. Is that a camo-rap on your barrel? I hope to get out and try shooting my rifle again but robed the scope and mounts for another rifle so I need to get new stuff.
Bought ammo in January and that's camo wrap on barrel.

Rifle shoots better than this. Only shot 2 mags worth of ammo at 50 yards to see if there was a point of aim change with new ammo run,and there was a slight change.
Started to rain so I didn't feel like walking down to 100yds to put up a target.
Will try 100yds this weekend with this rifle and my 592.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-13-2019, 05:17 PM
22_boomer
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2004
Location: 
Florida
Posts: 
657
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M40A1 View Post
Bought ammo in January and that's camo wrap on barrel.

Rifle shoots better than this. Only shot 2 mags worth of ammo at 50 yards to see if there was a point of aim change with new ammo run,and there was a slight change.
Started to rain so I didn't feel like walking down to 100yds to put up a target.
Will try 100yds this weekend with this rifle and my 592.
Next question -- what scope mounts are you using?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-13-2019, 05:32 PM
M40A1
US Marines

Join Date: 
Feb 2007
Posts: 
9
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22_boomer View Post
Next question -- what scope mounts are you using?
I think there BKL-257
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-13-2019, 10:48 PM
jcloer1
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
Join Date: 
Feb 2016
Posts: 
346
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice group!

8 shot group? Still using factory mags, eh?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-17-2019, 09:35 PM
eric123
US Army Veteran

Join Date: 
Jul 2007
Location: 
Boise Idaho
Posts: 
237
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
That shooting isn't very good...You missed the dime with every shot
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-17-2019, 11:05 PM
RaiderANV

Join Date: 
May 2015
Posts: 
47
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric123 View Post
That shooting isn't very good...You missed the dime with every shot" />
I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-22-2019, 05:47 PM
accooper
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
May 2019
Location: 
San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 
77
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Where can I get some of this ammo. My Uncle Art bought one of those rifles when they first came out to control raccoons on his property down in Falfurrias, Texas and since his passing it has sat unused in my gun safe. I take it out every once in awhile to lube it up. It has a really nice Weaver scope on it that was made at Weaver in El Paso.

accooper
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-24-2019, 01:43 PM
Glass37
US Army Veteran

Join Date: 
Mar 2011
Location: 
Southern lower MI
Posts: 
1,259
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by accooper View Post
Where can I get some of this ammo. My Uncle Art bought one of those rifles when they first came out to control raccoons on his property down in Falfurrias, Texas and since his passing it has sat unused in my gun safe. I take it out every once in awhile to lube it up. It has a really nice Weaver scope on it that was made at Weaver in El Paso.

accooper
Ammoseek lists many sellers.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-24-2019, 02:59 PM
alum572's Avatar
alum572
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jul 2010
Location: 
Gopher state
Posts: 
4,528
TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
$29.95 for 50 rounds. Locally. Not very cheap.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rules: 25 Yd Offhand 500/50X Match Any Gun, Any Ammo Bob4BVM Offhand Rifle Match 4 05-05-2019 11:08 AM
Winter match ammo testing dgeesaman Open Rimfire 10 01-14-2018 06:52 PM
Obtaining Good Lots of Ammo dave19113 .22 Ammunition (S-L-LR) 16 12-27-2017 06:25 AM
Finding the most accurate ammo for your 22RF ptf18 Open Rimfire 4 04-21-2017 07:58 AM
More ammo choices for my 10/22 rawhp Anything 10/22 4 10-24-2016 12:42 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x