Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-24-2019, 07:54 PM
Slingr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
First Attempt

Iím a hunter/plinker who likes to shot steel and reactionary targets. I like groups as much as the next guy too but thatís typically not my main thing. Enter the SuperStock games! This is my first attempt at the 1/4Ē game. I took this:

To my range in work:

And shot these:

Aguila Pistol Match 40 gr solid

Wolf Match Target 40 gr solid

Rifle is Ruger 10/22 with GM 16.5Ē fluted sporter, BX Trigger, auto bolt mod, Kidd Bolt, PC buffer, Burris Zee rings, Nikon Rimfire II 3-9x40 and Hogue stock. All around critter getter that shoots pretty fair too. Enjoyed very much even though wind was up. Potential!
Old 04-25-2019, 10:23 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice looking rig and not too shabby shooting either considering. Even @ 25yds the wind will mess with you.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:58 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Very nice rifle.

Makes me want to load p the truck and go shooting

I am looking forward to following your progress on this.

This game is the Grand Daddy of ALL RFC games and added much to the history of SuperStock forum. It is odd that it can be very hard at first. Frustrating even. But once you fine tune your rifle and your benchrest technique you will wonder why it seemed so hard!

Most of have fun with your new rifle as it is very nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk

Old 04-26-2019, 03:39 PM
Hanshi
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The .22 on reactive targets is, simply put, FUN!
Old 04-26-2019, 08:34 PM
Slingr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Second Attempt

Thanks men! Iím having a lot of fun doing this. Never cared enough to measure groups before with anything other than a ruler! I love reading SuperStock threads!!

2nd Attempt 4/26/2019 just before dark:

Didnít have long to shoot this evening. I ordered a new Nikon P3 3-9x40 EDR target scope for my CZ 452 to try out along with some High Burris Deluxe Rimfire rings. Well, the obnoxiously large Nikon ocular wouldnít clear. I didnít have any taller rings and donít want to go any taller so no new Nikon on CZ....

Anyways, I had the idea of trying it on the Ruger due to the mucho better precision reticle versus the Rimfire IIs BDC reticle. I like the BDC fine for hunting but
Not trying to shoot small groups. The first thing I noticed was how great an AO scope is shooting at 25 yards on 9 power! Itís been awhile since I used one.

Without further ado....

Newscope showed up with some more CCI standard too!

I really like the scope!

All today brought was a scope and ammo change. Now itís time to get serious...
Old 04-27-2019, 09:40 AM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
It looks like your having fun.
Your getting closer, and more consistent. If your anything like I am, the chase is half of the fun. Once you get there you'll be looking for another game , and there is still some open games on Superstock that can be shot at 25, and 50 yards.
If you get bored with shooting groups , give the Tack Driver, or Bigsky's No Bull Challenge a try. The No Bull can keep you chasing that rainbow for a long time, and every minute is worth it.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:46 PM
Slingr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nothing new to report. Been slammed with work and family obligations! Hope to get back after the quest in a week or so.

I have realized something though... this is by far my favorite 10/22 build! It is setup perfect for my intended uses whether I get in the club or not! Having a blast (literally)!

On a side note.... I have had more fun chasing this than any paper shooting I have ever done! I really wish we could pick the traffic back up on this sub forum! I still love it!
Old 05-15-2019, 09:08 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
You have my attention.
My home range is typically 50yd, steel and paper, ,maybe its about time I set some paper at 25 to see what happens.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:20 PM
Slingr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrank1 View Post
You have my attention.
My home range is typically 50yd, steel and paper, ,maybe its about time I set some paper at 25 to see what happens.
Sounds like a plan! Canít wait to see your groups and would love to see you range as well. Iím always learning new ways to setup shooting ranges!

Typically, at least in the past, Iíve always preferred reactionary targets and more recently, steel to paper. After I had a zero, i just didnít care too much about tons of tiny groups (and probably still wouldnít without this challenge). However, itís been a different deal all the way for me. Itís a new challenge one Iíve never even attempted before.

Truthfully, I was probably one of the guys that said my good barrels would shoot small groups all day long.... right up till I put calipers on them! Itís been harder than it seemed!

Anyways, itís just another fun thing to do with my 22!
Old 05-18-2019, 12:26 PM
Slingr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye57 View Post
It looks like your having fun.
Your getting closer, and more consistent. If your anything like I am, the chase is half of the fun. Once you get there you'll be looking for another game , and there is still some open games on Superstock that can be shot at 25, and 50 yards.
If you get bored with shooting groups , give the Tack Driver, or Bigsky's No Bull Challenge a try. The No Bull can keep you chasing that rainbow for a long time, and every minute is worth it.
Oh and I appreciate the kind words!
Old 06-17-2019, 05:11 PM
Slingr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Been away awhile....life seems to get in the way sometimes but thatís ok! My wife and kids are worth it!

Anyways, I ordered a new Mueller APV 4.5-14x40 for my CZ; I like the Nikon Prostaff Rimfire II fine but just am not crazy about their ballistic reticle, especially when trying to shoot small group! . Itís just too ďbusyĒ for groups but fine for hunting/plinking. Well, itís for my CZ but I got to thinking about my 10/22. Gonna try it on the 10/22 and see what happens first. Groups soon

New wares....