what's The Quietest .22LR rifle Suppressor with the Lowest First Round Pop ? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-12-2019, 02:11 AM
Maine04657

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22GunsRfun4me View Post
1. Baffles are quieter than a monocore right ?
2. Screw on Cans are easier to clean than a integral suppressor barrel

Monocore VS baffle depends on design and length. Monocore is most times far easier to get in and out then baffles depending on the overall design of the intergal. The two are not going to be dramatically different in sound reduction in quality modern designs.

Integrals are very easy to clean. I remove the stack or monocore two of mine are ll FI and one is steel so I drop them in the tumbler with steel pins and a few drops of Dawn and fill with hot water set for three hours and they are good as new. The tube on the rifle is part of the barrel so it will nto fit in the tumbler but I have some long brass brushes I got off ebay from china that are about a foot long and I chuck one in the drill and clean out the tube fast and easy to a perfect clean surface in a min or two.

Last edited by Maine04657; 01-13-2019 at 04:45 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:26 AM
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The ported gemtech would render most super sonic velocity ammo sub sonic. But it made the setup very dirty. The hole would blow carbon into the threads making it difficult to remove.
I got the regular mist barrel. It's about 10 inches of bore, no port, most if not all super sonic ammo stays super sonic.
I don't think there is much if any first round pop.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:40 PM
Bullpup-one

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Recently heard or didn't hear so much an Innovative Arms integrally suppressed 10/22 shooting CCI SV. I has at an indoor range and it was very quiet, the range officer thought it was squib or misfiring. Unsure if it is or isn't ported. I just saw it available at SWFA for $ 799.95 which seams like good deal to me.

innovative-arms-ruger-10-22-takedown-22-long-rifle.html

Last edited by Bullpup-one; 02-13-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Old 03-03-2019, 06:18 PM
lazershooter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
In my experience an integrally suppressed Ruger 77/22 is the absolute quietest. I own a few .22 suppressors in different configurations. The 77/22 will accept 1022 mags also. I have owned an AWC Ultra II since the late '90's. It's all stainless construction built on the All-weather 77/22 with the "boat paddle" stock. The first round is a little louder than subsequent rounds but far, far from loud...not really even a "pop". It DOES keep supersonic rounds subsonic... except for ones like CCI Stingers. It is absolutely, positively, ridiculously quiet. It is not serviceable but I believe AWC's current offerings are. "First round pop" is due to oxygen in the suppressor being burnt and is most difficult to avoid. The oxygen is gone for follow up shots hence they are a little quieter. Look into an integrally suppressed 77/22.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:04 PM
nodak
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
I had this same decision to make 6 years ago and went with a Spectre2. Very very pleased I did. It is as quiet on the 1st shot as it is on the last. Built like a tank and will last forever.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:15 PM
22GunsRfun4me
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks to everyone for all the good helpful replies. I'm leaning towards buying two screw on cans for starters and wait for more feedback on what would be the quietest integral.

The two cans I would like to buy first are:

1. For a rifle, the Swichtchback by SilencerCo in the optimized baffle orientation for only 108dB with Subsonic ammo.

2. For a pistol, the Mask by Dead Air is supposedly quieter on a pistol than the Switchback and it has less First Round Pop.

This is just based on what I've read online so feel free to add more comments and keep this discussion going. I appreciate any more good feedback.

Now I have to wait a year for the NFA stamps.
Thanks again for all the help.