Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:58 PM
000Robert
US Marines GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My Hall's Pro Edge Wet Hone

Here is my Hall's Pro Edge Wet Hone. I think that I bought it around 30 years ago. I could not find any photos of it on the internet. So I got an account on Imgur so I can show some photos and let you guys see it.
It has a Course, Medium, and Fine stone. The stones are 2 3/8" X 11 1/8". You fill the bottom tub about half way with oil so that each time you change to a different stone, the other two are in the oil partway.
The first photo shows the fine stone up and ready for some sharpening. In the second photo I have them set in-between so you can see how they work. The plastic holder piece between the fine and medium stones broke, so I used some thick copper wire to hold them all in place. It holds them pretty good.
When you get finished, you just put the top cover on top and put it away making sure that you don't spill any of the oil out.

Does anyone else have a set like these?

Old 04-18-2020, 11:38 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ever get them trued flat, reground?
Old 04-23-2020, 07:06 PM
000Robert
US Marines GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Ever get them trued flat, reground?
No. I was thinking about flipping them around to the other side though, especially the fine stone. The other side of the stones have never been used.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2020, 07:10 PM
000Robert
US Marines GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Also, the fine stone is not as bad as it looks in the photo. The lighting and the plastic pieces are creating a bit of an optical illusion. I have put a metal straightedge across the stone and it is not nearly as bad as it looks in the photos.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:39 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 000Robert View Post
Also, the fine stone is not as bad as it looks in the photo. The lighting and the plastic pieces are creating a bit of an optical illusion. I have put a metal straightedge across the stone and it is not nearly as bad as it looks in the photos.
A friend gave me his old one. It was so worn down in the middle on both sides it looked like it might break if leaned on when sharpening. It robbed too many degrees off whatever edge desired. I tossed it.