Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-19-2019, 10:54 AM
atomicsmurf

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Marlin 22 Magnum XT question

I read somewhere in a review at budsgunshop that the barrel heats up and changes the point of impact after 7 shots. Is this true??

I was thinking about getting the XT-22MTSL. How many shots can you get off before the barrel gets to hot to be accurate anymore?
Old 11-19-2019, 09:38 PM
Jammer22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'd not worry about it. I'd say you can get 'many' rounds out before accuracy would be affected
Old 11-19-2019, 11:21 PM
pipestone
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
I personally don't think you have a problem at all...

Do some experimentation by taking a 100 rds. to your range and have some fun seeing if your accuracy falls off after some group shootings of 5rds each...20 bulls

Move it along with your shots

pipestone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2019, 12:39 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicsmurf View Post
I read somewhere in a review at budsgunshop that the barrel heats up and changes the point of impact after 7 shots. Is this true??

I was thinking about getting the XT-22MTSL. How many shots can you get off before the barrel gets to hot to be accurate anymore?
Sir from past experience I would say no...come on sir your ammo will cause more problems than a barrel heating up will...remember its rimfire and even the good stuff has different velocities. Check out the actual speed with a chronograph...and see how much change from round to round you get...your not going to get five shots in one hole...maybe 4 but not five.

I bought a XT 22MSVR Magnum Stainless Varmint Rifle from Buds and it shoots fantastic.

Signalman
Old 11-28-2019, 09:58 AM
Seabreeze1970

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just ordered the MVSR, signalman, and looking forward to shooting it. I should have it in my hands in a week.
Old 11-28-2019, 12:20 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreeze1970 View Post
I just ordered the MVSR, signalman, and looking forward to shooting it. I should have it in my hands in a week.
Seabreeze1970 sir to start with congrats on getting one...let me tell you about my MVSR rifle...my older brother and I would go over to Cedarville to shoot gophers and almost every year we would go two or three times. Well the weather would change all the time over there...sometimes it would rain or snow or the wind would blow. It would drive me crazy getting in and out of the truck to keep us and our rifles dry.

So I decided to buy a rifle that I could be out in the rain with...I tried to talk my older brother out of his Marlin 983 SS rifle but he said no....so I found the Marlin MVSR at Buds for less than $250 delivered and ordered it.

When it got here I had just bought two CZ rifles but due to my wife's health problems I did not have the time to go out and sight in these three rifles. Well the day finally came and I took out all three rifles. I shot the Marlin first because I wanted to shoot my CZs.

I took the MVSR and bolted on a Weaver V-16 not knowning how it was going to shoot...did not even bore sight it. I shot the first round and thought I missed the target until I walked up to it:

I thought WOW what a lucky shot . So I went back and shot the other 3 shots out of the 4 round magazine...here is that target:

I was blown away that all I did was bolt on a brand new scope and went and shot it...I knew I had something when I walked up to my target again. Here is the final target:

I was dancing all the way home and I hope yours is as accurate as mine is...let me tell you I am ready for gopher shooting. These are the rifles I took earlier this year:
3x 22 magnums and 4x 17hmr rifles

Signalman
Old 11-29-2019, 11:06 AM
Seabreeze1970

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Signalman I hope mine is that accurate. I picked up two brands of ammo to try and looking at getting more, so I can find her favorite.