Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Crosman 2300T vs Diana Chaser

11K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  smithfan4152 
#1 ·
This Forum sure is dead.... anyway FWIW I am going to tell a little about my recent acquisitions...

Crosman 2300T vs Diana Chaser, both CO2, both .177, both Bolt Action, both Red Dot sights. very similar pistols...

I'm shooting in my basement at 7yds or 21ft...

The 2300T is a little easier to load and handle...

The Diana has an uncomfortable grip and a stiffer bolt for opening/closing but only minor...

I find the Diana to be just a touch more accurate in 5 shot groups but not enough to complain or %%%%% about...

I shoot 4 or 5 different brands of Wad Cutters with no real difference in accuracy or loading...

Both have 11mm Dovetail's but the Diana is more involved for mounting and location...

I paid $200.00 for the Crosman 2300T and $80.00 for the Diana Chaser.....

All things considered the Diana is a better deal for the money....

Chuck

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Air Pistols

Good to see some activity here... On the 2300S... I researched and found the Walther Lothar barrel was no better than the stock Crosman barrel, FWIW.

Over-all it wasn't worth the xtra $$$, IMO

The Crosman 1701P is a totally different pistol in cost and quality... A PCP to start, a LW Barrel, Competition qualified and $400 after UPS...Good pricing for a PCP Competition model...…

I doubt that its accuracy would be any better, however PCP would add to Shot Consistency ….

#5 ·
I, too, have a Chaser and a 2300kt. Both are very nice handguns. My 2300kt has a Williams rear sight which is SUPER nice, but the chaser has sights that are adequate.

Accuracy-wise, the 2300kt takes it - at least in my hands at 10m, almost every time. I have a LDC for the 2300kt and a LDC for the chaser, and when both equipped, the chaser is MUCH more quiet.

Both pistols feel good in hand, but I do have custom grips on my 2300kt that feel a bit nicer.

Hands-down, the better bang for the buck is the chaser, although made in China. It is accurate, feels good, and shoots Crosman Premier 7.9g very accurately.

As far as cost goes, if I had to do it over again, I probably would not buy the 2300kt (I have 3), but instead, purchase a Chaser and Bandit. I now have a Bandit as well, which is a PCP, very easy to fill, and I believe I have less money in the Bandit AND chaser combined than the 2300kt. The Bandit has a large-ish grip, but oddly enough, it is a solid hand fit and the thing shoots as well, or better sometimes, than the 2300kt.

Another big benefit of a PCP over CO2 is that the gun is not as affected by temperature variances.

There...my two cents. :D

-Steve

#7 ·
Air Pistol

Well Winter over here in Michigan, Spring well on its way...moving my pistol shooting from basement to garage and patio, will stretch it out to 10 Meter....looking for another inexpensive single shot bolt action target pistol,,,if anyone has an idea let me know....

will update later in April

chuck

#8 ·
I had a 2300S pistol a couple of years ago that I could shoot alongside my 1701P. My conclusion was that the 1701P was the way to go if you are already set up for PCP. As for the 2300S, I think I would buy a cheaper 2300 and tune up the trigger a bit.

A few months ago I bought a Diana Chaser in .22. I despise the grip, but it seems to shoot accurately to the limit of my own ability.

#9 ·
Air Pistols

Good to hear from you Mobil Mail...I have the Crosman 2300T and Tuned the trigger to my liking, works well but cannot outshoot my Diana Chaser, close but not better...
Not set up for PCP and not going there, I'm a CO2 guy...

I'm looking at the Crosman 2240 CO2 in 22cal. might be my next Air Pistol, any thoughts ?

#11 ·
AirMax

Went to the website and the Airmax Target Master II from Mrod-air looks like my next investment...CO2 as well... $149.00 good price for a 2 in 1 combo of Rifle and Pistol...Thanks for the heads up.

Just bought/received a new Sig "We the People" 1911 Air gun...exact replica of its Centerfire 45cal counterpart... Testing today.

#14 ·
Mrod-air

Went to the website and the Airmax Target Master II from Mrod-air looks like my next investment...CO2 as well... $149.00 good price for a 2 in 1 combo of Rifle and Pistol...Thanks for the heads up.

Just bought/received a new Sig "We the People" 1911 Air gun...exact replica of its Centerfire 45cal counterpart... Testing today.
Price at checkout is $129.00 only .177 avail. I picked one up, and also want to order there S400 check that one out. I did buy the sig 226 X5 Co2 pistol, $60.00, shoots great, holds air for better than a day, shot aprox 90 shots before losing power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.