Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-08-2020, 11:34 AM
RCP Phx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Finally got this one together. Tacsol SBX barrel. Modified Promag folding stock shortened and opened up for the .920" barrel. Kydex cheek riser. 5Lbs 2 oz as shown. 4 lbs 8 oz with Holosun red dot. Tactical Innovations suppressor.
That's not only heavy but it's Tupperware!
Old 10-08-2020, 12:30 PM
JTJ
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP Phx View Post
That's not only heavy but it's Tupperware!
Kept my wallet heavier too. Those chassis are expensive. Add all the fancy expensive gear together and it has to be close to $1k. I paid $75 for the donor rifle because the previous owner put it together wrong. The SBX barrel is the only expensive part on mine. I wanted a shorter barrel to accommodate the suppressor. If I were to do it over I would buy a Charger instead of the SBX barrel.
Old 11-09-2020, 07:44 PM
1911luvr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just built this one for my dad. It came in at 3.99lbs as you see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2021, 04:52 PM
IndustryOutsider

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I can easily get down around 3 pounds with a Charger, but am hoping to stay under four with my next rifle build. The Crazy Ivan Comp Lite saves a few ounces over the PMACA (I have a couple of both), and I'm expecting a stock with a bit of carbon fiber will help as well.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:53 PM
1911luvr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndustryOutsider View Post
I can easily get down around 3 pounds with a Charger, but am hoping to stay under four with my next rifle build. The Crazy Ivan Comp Lite saves a few ounces over the PMACA (I have a couple of both), and I'm expecting a stock with a bit of carbon fiber will help as well.

This one was built on the new Taccom chassis and came in at 3.6lb as you see it, but could be made a few ounces lighter with a different barrel. I have yet to find a lighter chassis!

Old 01-13-2021, 06:42 PM
IndustryOutsider

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911luvr View Post
This one was built on the new Taccom chassis and came in at 3.6lb as you see it, but could be made a few ounces lighter with a different barrel. I have yet to find a lighter chassis!

Kinda sucks that they claim the "lightest" at 12.2 ounces. Crazy Ivan Comp Lite is 8.4 ounces. Of aluminum.

If you look at the 2nd page of this thread, you'll see the carbon fiber receiver extension. I should have a similar setup, with an adjustable stock, for rifles soon.

My WhistlePig is the lightest barrel I have, with the exception of my SB-X, but I only have the Takedown version of the SB-X.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:48 PM
1911luvr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
light weight

Quote:
Kinda sucks that they claim the "lightest" at 12.2 ounces. Crazy Ivan Comp Lite is 8.4 ounces. Of aluminum.
I think youíre missing the fact that the Taccom spec INCLUDES the stock weight whereas the Crazy Ivan does not.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:56 PM
IndustryOutsider

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
I think youíre missing the fact that the Taccom spec INCLUDES the stock weight whereas the Crazy Ivan does not.

They don't list the weight of the stock though. The bare chassis is 12.2 ounces. Although their barrel has piqued my interest.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:02 PM
1911luvr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
They don't list the weight of the stock though. The bare chassis is 12.2 ounces. Although their barrel has piqued my interest.

Thatís because they sell it complete, not without the stock. The whole chassis with stock weighs in at 12.2 ounces. I have not used their barrel, but it is a couple ounces lighter than the new TacSol barrel, however it is only 4.5Ē of actual barrel whereas the TacSol is a full 16Ē. Iím also interested in trying it since Steel Challenge doesnít have a target beyond 35 yards, and the shorter weight profile of the Taccom would make my transitional swing weight much lighter.

Old 01-13-2021, 08:28 PM
IndustryOutsider

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Thatís because they sell it complete, not without the stock. The whole chassis with stock weighs in at 12.2 ounces. I have not used their barrel, but it is a couple ounces lighter than the new TacSol barrel, however it is only 4.5Ē of actual barrel whereas the TacSol is a full 16Ē. Iím also interested in trying it since Steel Challenge doesnít have a target beyond 35 yards, and the shorter weight profile of the Taccom would make my transitional swing weight much lighter.

They list the bare chassis as 12.2 ounces, and their Charger chassis at 11.1 ounces. So no, the complete chassis with stock is definitely more than 12.2 ounces.

Barrel is still a bargain though. Less than the SB-X or the WhistlePig, and 3 to 6 ounces lighter. I'm known for building things just because I can. Will have to add this to my list of things I don't need, but will try anyway.