light weight - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 10-08-2020, 11:34 AM
RCP Phx

Join Date: 
Oct 2011
Posts: 
3,747
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)


Log in to see fewer ads
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Finally got this one together. Tacsol SBX barrel. Modified Promag folding stock shortened and opened up for the .920" barrel. Kydex cheek riser. 5Lbs 2 oz as shown. 4 lbs 8 oz with Holosun red dot. Tactical Innovations suppressor.
That's not only heavy but it's Tupperware!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-08-2020, 12:30 PM
JTJ's Avatar
JTJ
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Oct 2012
Location: 
Arizona
Posts: 
2,116
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP Phx View Post
That's not only heavy but it's Tupperware!
Kept my wallet heavier too. Those chassis are expensive. Add all the fancy expensive gear together and it has to be close to $1k. I paid $75 for the donor rifle because the previous owner put it together wrong. The SBX barrel is the only expensive part on mine. I wanted a shorter barrel to accommodate the suppressor. If I were to do it over I would buy a Charger instead of the SBX barrel.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-09-2020, 07:44 PM
1911luvr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2014
Posts: 
226
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just built this one for my dad. It came in at 3.99lbs as you see it.






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-13-2021, 04:52 PM
IndustryOutsider

Join Date: 
Dec 2019
Location: 
Utah
Posts: 
399
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I can easily get down around 3 pounds with a Charger, but am hoping to stay under four with my next rifle build. The Crazy Ivan Comp Lite saves a few ounces over the PMACA (I have a couple of both), and I'm expecting a stock with a bit of carbon fiber will help as well.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-13-2021, 05:53 PM
1911luvr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2014
Posts: 
226
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndustryOutsider View Post
I can easily get down around 3 pounds with a Charger, but am hoping to stay under four with my next rifle build. The Crazy Ivan Comp Lite saves a few ounces over the PMACA (I have a couple of both), and I'm expecting a stock with a bit of carbon fiber will help as well.

This one was built on the new Taccom chassis and came in at 3.6lb as you see it, but could be made a few ounces lighter with a different barrel. I have yet to find a lighter chassis!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-13-2021, 06:42 PM
IndustryOutsider

Join Date: 
Dec 2019
Location: 
Utah
Posts: 
399
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911luvr View Post
This one was built on the new Taccom chassis and came in at 3.6lb as you see it, but could be made a few ounces lighter with a different barrel. I have yet to find a lighter chassis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kinda sucks that they claim the "lightest" at 12.2 ounces. Crazy Ivan Comp Lite is 8.4 ounces. Of aluminum.

If you look at the 2nd page of this thread, you'll see the carbon fiber receiver extension. I should have a similar setup, with an adjustable stock, for rifles soon.

My WhistlePig is the lightest barrel I have, with the exception of my SB-X, but I only have the Takedown version of the SB-X.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-13-2021, 06:48 PM
1911luvr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2014
Posts: 
226
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
light weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndustryOutsider View Post
Kinda sucks that they claim the "lightest" at 12.2 ounces. Crazy Ivan Comp Lite is 8.4 ounces. Of aluminum.
I think youíre missing the fact that the Taccom spec INCLUDES the stock weight whereas the Crazy Ivan does not.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-13-2021, 06:56 PM
IndustryOutsider

Join Date: 
Dec 2019
Location: 
Utah
Posts: 
399
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911luvr View Post
I think youíre missing the fact that the Taccom spec INCLUDES the stock weight whereas the Crazy Ivan does not.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They don't list the weight of the stock though. The bare chassis is 12.2 ounces. Although their barrel has piqued my interest.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-13-2021, 07:02 PM
1911luvr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2014
Posts: 
226
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndustryOutsider View Post
They don't list the weight of the stock though. The bare chassis is 12.2 ounces. Although their barrel has piqued my interest.

Thatís because they sell it complete, not without the stock. The whole chassis with stock weighs in at 12.2 ounces. I have not used their barrel, but it is a couple ounces lighter than the new TacSol barrel, however it is only 4.5Ē of actual barrel whereas the TacSol is a full 16Ē. Iím also interested in trying it since Steel Challenge doesnít have a target beyond 35 yards, and the shorter weight profile of the Taccom would make my transitional swing weight much lighter.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-13-2021, 08:28 PM
IndustryOutsider

Join Date: 
Dec 2019
Location: 
Utah
Posts: 
399
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911luvr View Post
Thatís because they sell it complete, not without the stock. The whole chassis with stock weighs in at 12.2 ounces. I have not used their barrel, but it is a couple ounces lighter than the new TacSol barrel, however it is only 4.5Ē of actual barrel whereas the TacSol is a full 16Ē. Iím also interested in trying it since Steel Challenge doesnít have a target beyond 35 yards, and the shorter weight profile of the Taccom would make my transitional swing weight much lighter.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They list the bare chassis as 12.2 ounces, and their Charger chassis at 11.1 ounces. So no, the complete chassis with stock is definitely more than 12.2 ounces.

Barrel is still a bargain though. Less than the SB-X or the WhistlePig, and 3 to 6 ounces lighter. I'm known for building things just because I can. Will have to add this to my list of things I don't need, but will try anyway.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x