Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-20-2020, 09:23 AM
crackedcornish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver78 View Post
Silence.... So there is nobody out there who purchased this trigger and can provide an assessment???
guess you missed this

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
The trigger arrived today. It performs exactly as advertised. Very little takeup and just a little more overtravel. It repeatedly breaks cleanly at 2 1/2# dry. I am satisfied with the trigger. I'll put some miles on it this weekend and report back.
Old 06-20-2020, 01:29 PM
Teachu2

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
guess you missed this
Still waiting on the "and report back" part.

It must be hard to enter such a mature niche market as the 10/22 trigger market, especially with a new unique design. I'd bet that was not a cheap venture.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:27 AM
Silver78

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Correct I did not miss it. The "and report back" part never happened.

Also given the amount of time that has passed one would think that there is more than one person out there who has also purchased this trigger and could provide their feedback. Did anyone else buy one?
Old 06-21-2020, 03:02 PM
Teachu2

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Correct I did not miss it. The "and report back" part never happened.

Also given the amount of time that has passed one would think that there is more than one person out there who has also purchased this trigger and could provide their feedback. Did anyone else buy one?
I'll venture a conjecture here. I suspect the folks who purchased this trigger did so hoping that it was superior to the established offerings, and found that it fell short of the top tier, but noticeably better than most examples of the BX. I believe that if it were, in fact or even perception, superior to any of the Kidd or VQ products - they would be extolling the virtues of it ad nauseum.

This, admittedly, is just my personal opinion. Everyone roots for an underdog, and many would love to find something better and cheaper. And I'd be very surprised if the anti-koolaid crowd would pass up the chance to poke the bear if they had a stick.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:58 PM
Bird-Dog

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teachu2 View Post
I'll venture a conjecture here. I suspect the folks who purchased this trigger did so hoping that it was superior to the established offerings, and found that it fell short of the top tier, but noticeably better than most examples of the BX. I believe that if it were, in fact or even perception, superior to any of the Kidd or VQ products - they would be extolling the virtues of it ad nauseum.

This, admittedly, is just my personal opinion. Everyone roots for an underdog, and many would love to find something better and cheaper. And I'd be very surprised if the anti-koolaid crowd would pass up the chance to poke the bear if they had a stick.
Sounds about right. I'd never heard of PRP until this thread from nearly a year and a half ago got resurrected a few days ago. So I don't imagine their 10/22 trigger group has been a huge success. No matter how good it might feel, the downfall has got to be using a plastic housing at a price that'll get you close to a proven high-end design with a finely machined alloy housing.

I hate to knock a product in a vendor's own thread, but if they peek in they might as well hear it straight. Between Ruger's own BX ($), popular drop-ins ($-$$), smithing stock triggers ($$-$$$) & existing/legendary high-end complete trigger groups ($$$$-$$$$$), it's a tough market to break into without some advantage, whether that advantage be price or superior quality. If you're going to compete in a high-priced ($$$$) bracket, consumers are going to want more than just function, they're going to expect style too. Sorry!

Last edited by Bird-Dog; 06-21-2020 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-04-2020, 01:24 AM
GreggK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have one of these triggers on the way. I'll beat it up shooting Steel Challenge and come back with an opinion.

I was going to buy a Kidd and had contacted them a few months ago asking if there was any sales coming up since I was needing 2 triggers and they told me there would be one Fathers day. So I wait 2 months and nothing so I ask them about the sale they told me about and they said nope, not going to have a sale.
That's fine but it really ticks me when someone doesn't do what they said they would do.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:37 AM
Silver78

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Good to hear someone is going to test out this trigger. Please let us know which other triggers you have owned for comparison. Personally I ended up with a Kidd trigger because I wanted the look of aluminum vs plastic. Mine is an older 10/22 with the deluxe walnut stock and the original trigger group was aluminum. The Kidd replaced a Brimstone BX which functionally was great but i wanted a different look.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:28 AM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Good to hear someone is going to test out this trigger. Please let us know which other triggers you have owned for comparison. Personally I ended up with a Kidd trigger because I wanted the look of aluminum vs plastic. Mine is an older 10/22 with the deluxe walnut stock and the original trigger group was aluminum. The Kidd replaced a Brimstone BX which functionally was great but i wanted a different look.
coulda' just put the BX into an alloy TI trigger housing
Old 07-08-2020, 08:42 AM
jkingrph
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
coulda' just put the BX into an alloy TI trigger housing
That's what I did, I had an old stock and barrel, so got a new receiver, actually two for another project, and proceeded to make up a gun to eventually present to my grandson. I got a couple of the TI machined trigger housings and the BX triggers. My other guns have the TI housings with Kidd trigger kits installed. The BX triggers while quite good are not as good as the Kidd's, just both not the same pulls on both of the BX triggers are a little different. For the value I think I still would go this route again, and when I did the first one's knowing what I know now would have gone the BX route had they been available at the time. I also replaced the BX trigger with the TI aluminum trigger so no plastic, and used one of the extended mag releases like shown with the new trigger shown in the beginning of this tread, don't know exactly what to call them. All my rifles are sporters, one a totally custom job the only Ruger part being the receiver so BX triggers are greate for this type gun. If I were going for a super percision gun the Kidd would be a no brainer, and would probably go a two stage.