Ron Power vs Kidd drop on trigger parts - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-15-2017, 08:15 PM
ElrodCod
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Ron Power vs Kidd drop on trigger parts

Anyone use the Power parts? Their full kit with adjustable sear is a little pricey at about $130. The Kidd kit is $105 & has good reviews. What about the Power kit? Another kit I'm lookibg at is the Clark Custom drop in trigger job. Anybody using that?
Old 08-15-2017, 08:21 PM
stevebla
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got a Kidd single stage $200 bucks is steep, I consider it the best gun money I ever spent. My 200 bucks worth.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:01 PM
ElrodCod
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I had one as well as one of the two stage triggers. My question was about the above mentioned drop ins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2017, 01:50 AM
'ol shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (126)
I have a Power kit, several R/T kits, and two Kidd kits, as well as several Kidd single and two stage triggers. The Kidd kits stand head and shoulders above the other two in quality and function in my experience. I installed two of the kits when they first came available, and I installed them in the aluminum housings, against Kidd's recommendation. I ended up having to actually increase engagement depth of the hammers, due to the wide tolerances of the metal housings in order to make them 100% reliable. Even with the increased engagement, they are still as "glass rod breaking" smooth as they can be, so much better than either the Power or R/T's.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:51 PM
jkingrph
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I used the Kidd kits in a couple of TI cnc milled trigger housings. The hammer and trigger was actually too wide and I had to "mill" a tiny bit off each side to make them fit and operate smoothly. After that, the finest 10-22 triggers I have seen.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:35 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
I am not gunna bad mouth PC parts because going back a dozen years they were as good as it got with the adj. sear.. and I have done at least 20-25 full blown trigger jobs with them.. all were good. Fast forward to KID/KIDD era.. there is Nun Beda than KID goods on the market.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:21 PM
Rod Blackburn
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
I am not gunna bad mouth PC parts because going back a dozen years they were as good as it got with the adj. sear.. and I have done at least 20-25 full blown trigger jobs with them.. all were good. Fast forward to KID/KIDD era.. there is Nun Beda than KID goods on the market.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:45 PM
OldFortArms
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I love my $200 Kidd group(beefy and crisp), but 2.5 BX is friendly on the pocket and f(n) just the same
Old 08-16-2017, 08:15 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (44)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
Yep, word!
Chris
Old 08-16-2017, 08:19 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElrodCod View Post
I had one as well as one of the two stage triggers. My question was about the above mentioned drop ins.

If you've already had a Kidd complete single stage trigger the trigger job kit feels almost exactly the same.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:21 PM
Sitka Charlie
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Power Custom non-adj. kit

The Power Custom non-adjustable sear and hammer kit suits me fine and tickled those Appleseed shooters with factory triggers plumb to death.

OK, I admit to stealing our favorite lines from Glenn Ford and Henry Fonda in "The Rounders". Chill Wills wasn't bad, either, as he played the rodeo stock supplier that always got the better of those two cowboys.

Trigger pull is advertised as 2-3/4 lbs. plus/minus a quarter. Smoothness makes the difference. $65 from Cabela's.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:27 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Agreeing with Chaser. VQ and PC in the day were indeed landmarks, but Tony Kidd has kind of set the standard for most things 10/22 at the present time. They just don't make any bad stuff. And their price range is where it is, and you will of course still find very good items from other manufacturers from less. Will it be better than Kidd, doubtful in many people's minds. You just have to find what you are content with.

Myself, I'll never spend $290 on a Kidd 2 stage. I don't need that good. But I did spend $200 on a Kidd single stage as that was about the limit of what I was in the mood to do at that time, and I would do it again.

Also spent $85 or whatever on a Brimstone tier 2 twice for different applications, and for those two rifles, I'd do that again. Everything is relevant and as hard as it is, you must beforehand figure out exactly what you want, find your price point, shoot for that, and try not to chase white rabbits. I.E. - trying to find a lower cost solution that you have heard from unreliable sources is supposedly "better than" something that costs $X more that that. 10/22's are tough. I know from experience of trying to go piece by piece over time and end up with perfection. Its a long road to dissapointment. Find what you want, if that is even possible, and then save if needed and get it. And don't look back.

After I typed all that BS, I started kind of wanting a Kidd 2 stage. Backing away now.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:18 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Flash80, that is a perfect way of summing it up. Your 4th paragraph may be brief but it is perfectly what most of us are thinking right now
Old 08-17-2017, 09:08 AM
Rod Blackburn
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_80 View Post
After I typed all that BS, I started kind of wanting a Kidd 2 stage. Backing away now.
I have the two stage Kidd trigger & once you have used it everything else pales in comparison.

Life is far too short to not to enjoy a great trigger.

Last edited by Rod Blackburn; 08-17-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:39 PM
rubberhead
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a kidd 2stage in one rifle and 3 of his drop in kits in a takedown a standard 10/22 and a charger they would be perfection if I never had a 2 stage but boy are they ever good