Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-10-2021, 12:55 PM
LadyLuck
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Browning Mini 1911-22 Red Dot?

I love this little Browning Mini 1911-22 but the teeny sights don't love me. I would like to put a mini RMR type red dot on it but don't know if it's possible. There's not much material to work with for milling. It seems like the rear sight could be removed and a plate mount could be added instead of milling. I haven't found any such rear sight adapter nor do I know the size of the dovetail. Maybe a good gunsmith knows what to do.

Have any of you successfully added a red dot and, if so, how was it done?

Thanks muchly!
Old 08-06-2021, 08:10 PM
Badlandsboy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A friend of mine did that to his Browning 1911-22 Black Label model. He bought a EGW base mount for a Colt 1911 Std. and use a hand file to narrow the dovetail on the EGW base. The EGW base is made from aluminum so it filed easily. Worked out well for a Burris Fast Fire III. It only took maybe 20 minutes or so to do.
I have a Browning 1911-22 A1 but the dovetail is much narrower on it than the Black Label model , and will take a different base It looks doable , but I haven't started on it yet.