Earnest? - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:03 PM
Highdollar

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)

Earnest , have you found a club to shoot at?
Old 10-22-2015, 10:05 AM
center22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Marty,
What town/city in Florida did you settle in? Its been hotter than normal in most area's of the U.S. this year. However, you should appreciate the sunshine and cooler months ahead that we refer to as winter. John
Old 10-22-2015, 05:54 PM
92lowrider

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Glad your settled in and glad to see you back on rimfire, it was getting awfully boring on here without any 'Marty' contravercy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2015, 09:27 AM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
George, on the suhl tuner setting it, at 104 exactly where it was back home...I suspect a rifle tuned here is in tune more than in Pennsylvania as conditions stay the same nearly every day....a lot easier to shoot here also as there are fewer wind shifts through a target....so much different things to do it's easy to understand why bench shooting isn't at the top of everyone's list....if your bored here it's your own fault.....marty
Old 11-27-2015, 10:02 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92lowrider View Post
Glad your settled in and glad to see you back on rimfire, it was getting awfully boring on here without any 'Marty' contravercy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by earnest View Post
George, on the suhl tuner setting it, at 104 exactly where it was back home...I suspect a rifle tuned here is in tune more than in Pennsylvania as conditions stay the same nearly every day....a lot easier to shoot here also as there are fewer wind shifts through a target....so much different things to do it's easy to understand why bench shooting isn't at the top of everyone's list....if your bored here it's your own fault.....marty
Interesting deduction Marty, waddaya think Turbo?
Old 11-27-2015, 10:19 AM
JEE

TPC Rating: 
100% (66)
You guys...
Old 11-28-2015, 07:32 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEE View Post
You guys...
I just can't help rootin for the underdog sometimes, know what I mean Vern?
Old 11-29-2015, 07:20 AM
br222ppc
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
My thoughts on Earnest

Pickles...................
I shot with Pickles in Elkland Pa and Gold Pa..........Pickles took his rifle to Earnest
for help...........He helped pickles score by about 200 points per target.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:16 AM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Oh the arrogance of ignorance.......marty
Old 01-20-2016, 06:20 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Today was the cooldest since coming, a frigid 45 degrees......then it warmed to around 71.....these fellas have never seen rifles like these in fit and finished and accuracy. I've not had 1 bad day of shooting. The fellas from fair chance and wilsons would be in shooters heaven......marty
Old 01-20-2016, 07:40 PM
vlnbyr

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
I think one of them is already there....
Old 06-26-2016, 07:59 AM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Here soon I'll get my computer hooked up so pics can be posted of these ir 50 tar gets using center x ammo. Anyone who thinks 2 grams of weight has no effect on tuning probably will never understand timing.....I think next time I place an order with Clint for center x ammo I'm ordering test lots for the 1st time.....marty
Old 06-26-2016, 06:02 PM
Hi-NV Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
Quote:
Originally Posted by earnest View Post
Here soon I'll get my computer hooked up so pics can be posted of these ir 50 tar gets using center x ammo. Anyone who thinks 2 grams of weight has no effect on tuning probably will never understand timing.....I think next time I place an order with Clint for center x ammo I'm ordering test lots for the 1st time.....marty
Marty,
Can't wait to see what your results have been like using C-X. and you will be pleasantly surprised by lot testing. It is like when Team was available a lot of good stuff out there.

Lee
Old 06-27-2016, 05:43 AM
Bolero
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
98% (42)
Lapua

Marty, as you probably know, Joe Besche, Winner of this years Triple Crown, over at least 100 other shooters was the only shooter using Lapua, don't know which style Midas or Center X or ???

I wonder if he used Test Lots to arrive at his ammo ?

John might know he was also at the TC and finished in the Top Twenty which is saying a lot.

To all others, Marty or Ernest is One of the Reasons these Threads are so Interesting...

Welcome back Marty...
Old 06-28-2016, 11:55 AM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
[QUOTE=Hi-NV Shooter;6726633]Marty,
Can't wait to see what your results have been like using C-X. and you will be pleasantly surprised by lot testing. It is like when Team was available a lot of good stuff out there.
Lee, I'll have to show the suhl folks a trick as I'm sure all are aware that the dove tail creates a problem if the rings aren't in the right place....
Pretty sure on eley team,black and red box there is a break down with their tallow/bees wax as the ammo approaches 1100fps, for that reason they use a different wax for higher speeds. I'm fairly certain that center x lube is much more tolerant to higher speeds and heat?? Just my thought on that....marty
Lee[/QUOTE)....
For those that haven't used eley club, eley target their lube is paraffin wax...
Marty

Last edited by earnest; 06-28-2016 at 11:58 AM.