Shot my very first Rimfire Benchrest match yesterday - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:29 AM
52DH&R12

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigkidagain View Post
OK, to all you internet tough guys out there like this one, who like to make fools out of themselves with your replies like this one, let me educate you with some facts.

James and I are friends, and he is a gentleman of the highest order. He has my home phone number and I have his.
This issue is about OUR...I repeat...OUR club's policy, of which I will address at the next members meeting. If I prevail, fine. If not, fine. It is OUR club.

The insulting and attack mob mentality most of you displayed on this thread tells me I don't blame new shooters for not joining your ranks. No one should with the language and insults most of you have shown here.

James does not need any of you to defend him as he was not attacked in the first place. At the next match we attend, we will sit in on the benches and share a Dr. Pepper and no mention of this will be made by either of us. Why? Because your behaviors displayed here are not worthy of mentioning by Texas gentleman.

We may shoot, fuss, cuss, and enjoy a drink afterward, and none of us take or make it personal like some of you guys have here.
I am sure some of you will insist on continuing this behavior after this post, so knock yourselves out. James and I are moving on.

Dave
That's great Dave, glad to see your going to continue to shoot. After you last post, I thought you were pretty much done. It seems your on the right track now. I have been going to matches like you and James have for years, not often there is a little controversy about scoring, rifles......... but they usually get resolved rather quickly. Posting your gripe on the internet was not a good way to resolve your issue. I think you understand that now. About the only way to get someone involved in a sport, that has no idea of what is involved, is to let them use equipment and get a feel of what its all about. At our club we do much the same, loan a rifle and equipment, sell them a couple boxes of ammo........... The results are sometimes like what happened in your case, it happens. If the new shooter decides to come back, they will need to have their own equipment. The best way to keep yourself on track, is not to worry about who beats who, it's about trying to improve what you can do, sharpen your skill set, try a little better ammo, maybe a better rest setup.... these things do not really cost that much. I started pretty much like you did, using lower cost equipment and ammo, I finally hit a wall, that I could not overcome unless I upgraded rifle and ammo. A friend of mine let me use his 52D and sold me a box of good ammo ( he would not let me shoot what I was using in his rifle) and my score improved 10 points from 237 to 247 on a USBR target. If you like this game and you want to do well, then you will need to decide the path to take. I would suggest taking the short path and getting a top tier target rifle and test good ammo. Anyway, I am glad you going back.