North American Rimfire Postal Matches- A new way to have fun! - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-17-2018, 02:20 PM
Rimfireshooter99

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Distance for match

Yes, the earlier post noted the target should be shot at 50 yards.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:22 PM
Rimfireshooter99

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
mobilemail, the distance is 50 yards. It was included in the first post from Bill.

Good shooting!
Old 11-19-2018, 05:13 PM
billybarrou

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
November match underway

Sorry for not checking in for awhile, but here are the rules, invitation and target downloads. Distance is 50-yards.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nov 18 NARPM Invitation.pdf (29.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: pdf NARPM Official Target rev 1018.pdf (44.1 KB, 68 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2018, 05:16 PM
billybarrou

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Please reply via email if interested

I'm having some difficulty in uploading attachments, so if you hav interest in shooting these matches please send an email to [email protected] with your name and location. I'll get you everything you need to participate, and remember, there's no charge!

Thanks,

Bill
Old 11-19-2018, 05:18 PM
billybarrou

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
November match

I'm having some difficulty in uploading attachments, so if you hav interest in shooting these matches please send an email to [email protected] with your name and location. I'll get you everything you need to participate, and remember, there's no charge!

Thanks,

Bill
Old 11-27-2018, 09:18 AM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
anschutz 1416 HB

I own a Anschutz 1416 HB rifle. Do I understand correctly that I can NOT shoot this rifle in the FB factory bolt classification because it is an Anschutz?

Jeff
Old 11-27-2018, 09:48 AM
52DH&R12

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmaney View Post
I own a Anschutz 1416 HB rifle. Do I understand correctly that I can NOT shoot this rifle in the FB factory bolt classification because it is an Anschutz?

Jeff
Jeff, It not exactly because it's an Anschutz, its because it's over 500.00 same goes with other high end target rifles.

"Factory guns are further defined as being ‘reasonably priced’ production items, generally available off-the-shelf, rather than being special ordered, and are generally priced at no more than $500 or so. Factory ‘custom shop’ guns are not allowed under this class description. Remington 40-X, Anschutz and the like are not considered ‘factory’ guns."

You may want to consider selling the 1416 HB and getting one of those new Tikka Tx1 that everyone is raving about, suppose to come in at about 499.00 or so. I considered selling my 40X and getting one, did not consider it too long however.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:17 AM
kseatm
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52DH&R12 View Post
Jeff, It not exactly because it's an Anschutz, its because it's over 500.00 same goes with other high end target rifles.

"Factory guns are further defined as being ‘reasonably priced’ production items, generally available off-the-shelf, rather than being special ordered, and are generally priced at no more than $500 or so. Factory ‘custom shop’ guns are not allowed under this class description. Remington 40-X, Anschutz and the like are not considered ‘factory’ guns."

You may want to consider selling the 1416 HB and getting one of those new Tikka Tx1 that everyone is raving about, suppose to come in at about 499.00 or so. I considered selling my 40X and getting one, did not consider it too long however.
Your ability to consider things is your most valued trait!

Kenny
Old 11-27-2018, 04:44 PM
Taterchip

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmaney View Post

Jeff
jeff shoot that 452 varmint you have
Mike
Old 11-27-2018, 07:04 PM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
452 varmint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterchip View Post
jeff shoot that 452 varmint you have
Mike
Hello Mike. That would work. Have not shot the 452 in several years. Don't know the anschutz is more accurate but it does have a better trigger!
Do you shoot this group or is it just getting started? I just ran into this thread in the last few days.

Jeff
Old 11-27-2018, 07:34 PM
Taterchip

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Jeff no I don’t shoot it and it is just getting started, i was just reading through and saw your post, shooting the 25 and the 100 yard cz matches takes all my available time, and I can also shoot my anschutz in the honorary category in the 100 yard match,
Old 01-05-2019, 10:01 AM
nccarl

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bill Buck

I am sorry to report, but Bill Buck past away of a massive Heart Attack on Dec 29.

Bill was a great proponent of Benchrest Sports, and a great friend and mentor. He is sorely missed.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:34 AM
Hi-NV Shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nccarl View Post
I am sorry to report, but Bill Buck past away of a massive Heart Attack on Dec 29.

Bill was a great proponent of Benchrest Sports, and a great friend and mentor. He is sorely missed.
This is Very sad and terrible news, My condolences to his family and friends

Lee
Old 01-13-2019, 12:33 PM
Rimfireshooter99

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Update on the William Buck Memorial Postal Match

Many of the 90 or so shooters who participated in the monthly matches expressed their sadness of Bill's passing. Two of us are going to help continue the matches, in Bill's name. We are updating the match invitation and Rules and Regulations to reflect the new name of the match as noted above in the title.

We hope to shortly send out the invitation for the January match, and if anyone has targets from the December match, please send them to the following email address for compiling into the summary for the December match. Please email to: [email protected].

I personally only met Bill on line, when I joined his match a few months back. He was very kind and generous and helped me get setup to participate. He will be sorely missed. I'll post the January match invitation when we get the final versions of the documents ready.

Please help us carry on his legacy with the monthly matches.

Best regards to all...
Old 01-16-2019, 07:21 PM
Rimfireshooter99

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
NARPM Update - Please Read

All, Norm Flynn and myself are carrying on the matches in place of Bill Buck. Below is the information needed for the January Match. Please take a moment to read through the information and contact us at the new email listed below for any questions or suggestions. Unfortunately, the forum's attachment file size will not allow me to attach the target or the rules and regulations for the match. I will let you know in a new posting where they can be found, and/or, we can email them to you if you request them from the email address found below.

Please see the three attached PDF’s for the January 2019 William Buck Memorial Postal Match. These files include an Invitation, Rules/Regulations and the Target.

We hope that you will participate in this months match but recognize that weather and a short month may require that you pass.

We’ve made a few changes, especially with the rifle classifications, that you will find in the rules and regulations. The target has also been modified to reflect the classification changes. Please remember to enter details of your rifle/scope/ammo and mark your classification.

If you haven’t responded with a statement of your interest in participating please respond so we can maintain a viable mailing list.

Finally, please email your targets to [email protected] by January 31, 2019.

Thank you,

Norm Flynn and Larry Mills
Match Directors

Last edited by Rimfireshooter99; 07-23-2019 at 06:55 PM.