Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

US Survival serial number question

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  delmd92 
#1 ·
Henry nation. I searched this forum and have read a few things on the internet but I am still not sure of my situation. This week I acquired a Henry US Survival rifle with what appears to be serial number 000000000001 with matching box and appears to be unfired. Needless to say, when I opened this I was quite surprised. I have been unable to confirm information about serial numbers and production dates. I contacted Henry and received a minimal and unfortunately not very helpful answer. Hoping the experts or at least expereinced members of this forum can help me out. Thanks.

I would post pictures here but I guess as a new member that is not yet allowed.

#2 ·
Maybe you got one of these....From the Henry Website:

How it works

Place your order anytime before the deadline listed.

These Henry rifles are made-to-order and are not currently in stock. Estimated delivery time is early December, before Christmas.
Choosing your serial number:

You can enter your personalized serial number during the checkout process.
There is a 12 Character Max-Limit - no dashes or spaces. Must be alpha-numeric.
The ATF requires at least one numeric digit within the serial number.
If ordering more than one of the same model, please remember that each firearm must have its own unique serial number.
Please choose an acceptable second choice serial number. In the event that your first choice is unavailable, this will prevent any delays in making your firearm.

#3 ·
I had heard about this program, but it still seems weird to me that I would stumble upon this one, but less weird than actually finding the first one produced. What would be the normal number of digits for a serial number? Thanks again for the info.

#5 ·
Henry nation. I searched this forum and have read a few things on the internet but I am still not sure of my situation. This week I acquired a Henry US Survival rifle with what appears to be serial number 000000000001 with matching box and appears to be unfired. Needless to say, when I opened this I was quite surprised. I have been unable to confirm information about serial numbers and production dates. I contacted Henry and received a minimal and unfortunately not very helpful answer. Hoping the experts or at least experienced members of this forum can help me out. Thanks.

I would post pictures here but I guess as a new member that is not yet allowed.
You can post pictures, however you must use a host service. (See Here) https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4642793#post4642793

Henry is perhaps your only source for info, I find it really odd they gave you a "minimal and unfortunately not very helpful answer." That's not the Henry we all know. What exactly did you ask and what was their answer?

#6 ·
I did see the link option for pictures but am not looking to expand my digital foot print.

This is what was sent and received.

Hi David,
Thank you for contacting Henry. Sir the serial number will be on the receiver.

Sincerely,

Dina Lonky
Customer Service Supervisor
201-858-4400

HRAC
59 EAST 1ST STREET
BAYONNE, NJ 07002
preview-gallery-Henry-logo-banner-flag-4C
Follow Henry Repeating Arms
1470183584_online_social_media_facebook 1470183629_youtube_online_social_media_tube 1470183613_twitter_online_social_media 1470183639_instagram_online_social_media_photo

Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2019 9:38 PM
To: dina@henryusa.com
Subject: Contact Message - Henry Repeating Arms

You have a received a message through the Henry Rifles Contact page:

Name: David Lange

Message: I recently acquired a Henry US Survival Rifle. I have not been able to find much information about the production of this model. It looks like the serial number is 000000000001. Is the serial number on the right side of the magazine well? This number matches the box. Can you tell me anything more about this rifle? Thanks.

Thanks for the additional info. If other serial numbers follow the mentioned pattern then maybe this is a special order and not all that special.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.