Mags for my Ruger Standards - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-17-2021, 01:53 PM
belairbrian

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mags for my Ruger Standards

I have 2 ruger standard pistols one a 1958 and one a 1968. Son has a 1976 as well.

Over time I've picked up extra mags and am curious about some small differences.

I've posted below pictures of 5 of the magsazines. I also have a couple of MkIII/IV that work in them as well.

From left to right i believe I have
early (A54 frame only) 9 shot (cannot be reversed for an A100 frame)
A100 or A54 frame 9 shot
Holds 10 rounds has a red and silver logo in a black base and a smooth follower button Is this a MK II mag or a later MK I?
Last two are identical 10 round black base newer follower button. thinking these are MK II mags.

Old 10-17-2021, 04:05 PM
Test_Engineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yep, the first 2 were for Standards/MKI.

The middle one is identical to my MKII mags, but the button is on the other side. Mine also have a groove worn into the smooth button (like yours). This is from the button dragging against the front of the button cutout in the frame.

The target style button is the latest style (probably changed to stop the dragging). I'm not sure if Ruger introduced them with the 22/45, or with the MKIII production run. But I'm sure they started putting them into current production MKII mags (like your last 2) in order to reduce variations of inventory.
Old 10-17-2021, 08:50 PM
belairbrian

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have 4 of the new target style buttons. Maybe I'll change it out