Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

"Vintage"? T-Bolt Single Shot Adapter

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  britbike1 
#1 ·
I may have been fleeced..OR...possibly an April 1st auction on FleaBay. Anyway, the auction was for a vintage T-Bolt single shot adapter. When it arrived today, it was not steel as I anticipated but plastic in 2 parts with no markings whatsoever. Anybody familiar with these. Obviously this is NOT the quality of the several Winchester single shot adapters I have. If I was "taken"..please be easy on me, it has been a rough day in "Coronaville". Hope all are safe and shooting straight!

#4 ·
I have an original single shot adapter for one of my T-Bolts and it is a two piece, black plastic arrangement as Camster says and is in keeping with the plastic peep sight for these rifles. One of the pieces pops into the top of the mag well, and the other pops into the bottom of the mag well.

It's very simple and nothing like the ones for the Remington mdl. 37, or Winchester Mdl 52 rifles. It's also something of a pain to remove, so you're somewhat committed to it until you have a few minutes to pry it out. HTH.

#5 ·
Thank you gentlemen, I guess I am somewhat relieved that they are the real deal...but I must say I am far from impressed relative to the other fine products the Browning Co. has produced. I nearly laughed when I opened the package, still kind of chuckling now. Stay healthy!

#7 · (Edited)
With all due respect, I still consider these guns to be deluxe boy's rifles. Priced less than the SA22 at the time, and it shows in build features.
Can't compare them to a Rem 37 or Winch 52.
Sold my last one in the early 80s, when a nice NIB/or ANIB example could bring $325, and a new Anschutz 1422 sporter (54 action) was $525. I sold my T, bought the 1422 and never looked back.

#10 · (Edited)
Very True, and if you install the bottom mag well filler piece as well as the top feed tray, then it makes it much harder to remove the upper plastic feed tray since you either have to pry it out from the top, or pry out the bottom filler piece, then push the upper feed tray out from the bottom of the mag well.

Removal of the single shot pieces was probably not a big deal since the Browning T-Bolt was designed, in part, as a nice youth training rifle and many of the shooters would probably not be switching out the the single shot feed trays very often.

#11 ·
single shot

I use mine as a single shot all the time as a 5 rd mag won't save me from a pack of wild gophers here in MN. You really need a semi auto or lever for that job, oh, that's right, browning makes those too. By the way if you buy a replacement mag and it doesn't feed take it apart and see if the spring is backwards, that was the problem with one i bought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.