Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-02-2019, 05:44 PM
smgchandler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bmag pillar bedding

Iíve read a few post here on pillaring a Bmag and looking for more info. I have the Thumbhole Boydís and heavy barrel model. Iíve actually sent the rifle back to savage because of the groups and maybe it will shoot after i get it back. Iím just not sure what savage will do - possibly replace barrel or re crown. I really want it to shoot and will spend time with pillaring and bedding and whatever else i can think of just wondering what people have had positive results with. I have 3 different grains of ammo and all 3 shot the same. Any input or suggestions appreciated.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:02 PM
SquirrelDown

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smgchandler View Post
Iíve read a few post here on pillaring a Bmag and looking for more info. I have the Thumbhole Boydís and heavy barrel model. Iíve actually sent the rifle back to savage because of the groups and maybe it will shoot after i get it back. Iím just not sure what savage will do - possibly replace barrel or re crown. I really want it to shoot and will spend time with pillaring and bedding and whatever else i can think of just wondering what people have had positive results with. I have 3 different grains of ammo and all 3 shot the same. Any input or suggestions appreciated.
I bought a savage b mag skinny barrel not too long ago the guy I got it from had sent it back and they re barreled it and it shoots great. Ive shot several ground hogs and several squirrels with it I really enjoy the 17 wsm round.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FGN using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2019, 07:28 PM
smgchandler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
SD i appreciate the post - sparks a little hope. I want to think some of the heavy barrels have been replaced as well but havenít seen many post on the k serial and after serial numbers with bad barrels. Iím sure savage would know. Be curious how many of the bmags have been returned due to accuracy problems - i want to think the different action mounting setup works even though itís really different because Iíve read some rifles really shoot. Mine did not
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2019, 07:36 PM
SquirrelDown

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smgchandler View Post
SD i appreciate the post - sparks a little hope. I want to think some of the heavy barrels have been replaced as well but havenít seen many post on the k serial and after serial numbers with bad barrels. Iím sure savage would know. Be curious how many of the bmags have been returned due to accuracy problems - i want to think the different action mounting setup works even though itís really different because Iíve read some rifles really shoot. Mine did not
The only issue I have with mine is after about 3 or 4 quick shots my groups go to the pot but I only hunt with mine so that's not an issue for me.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FGN using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2019, 08:08 PM
smgchandler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Iíve shot mine probably a full magazine over couple of minutes and repeated over couple more minutes and the barrel was barely warm. Hoping the heavy barrel wonít string but more important is the first cold shot most of the time for me. If i get it back and it shoots the plan is to take it along with other rifles on prairie dog shoot next September. Other than that trip it will be used for crows and ground hogs mostly.