Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Volquartsen Bolt Lockong back with rounds still in magazines

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Turtle1903 
#1 ·
I disassembled and cleaned my Volquartsen Scorpion . The first problem I had was I must have bent the sear spring and the sear was a little loose and the bolt wouldn't lock back. I added more tension to the spring and the sear got stiffer, the bolt locked back. I went to fire my pistol and after every 3 rounds or so the bolt would lock back with rounds in the magazine. Is there something else I did wrong while I was cleaning the pistol?

#2 ·
I ran into this issue with my 4.5" aluminum alloy Scorpion with single-port compensator. Lower is a Volquartsen 22/45. It also started after field stripping for cleaning and assembly after a shooting session with no issues. It would lock back during live fire no matter the number of rounds in the magazine from one to ten. Same result with subsonic, standard velocity, or high-velocity ammo. I was able to recreate the issue with each and every magazine I tried. It would function just fine when manually cycled. I swapped bolts with no change. I then swapped lowers and the issue followed the lower.

I talked with Volquartsen twice and after the second discussion was sent a bolt release spring and bolt release plunger. The belief is the bolt release plunger and spring were allowing the bolt release to move up under recoil and engaging the bolt. The puzzling thing is I never touched the bolt stop release and spring during cleaning and did not detail strip the pistol. I still have not installed the parts Volquartsen sent me as I kept it for a fall weekend rainy day project. I do not want to waste good weather for shooting troubleshooting a pistol when I have others to shoot.

I am interested in what you find with yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.