Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Random photo

5K views 38 replies 13 participants last post by  IHMSA80x80 
#1 ·
First ten already went through the target, and the 11th pellet still won't fall through.

Pretty cool.

See less See more
#9 ·
I love German air rifles! My first was back in the 70's before Beeman's & most people ever knew about these fine rifles. It was made by Weihrauch. After that I went straight to Anschutz. I will be watching for your announcement Steve. I just hope I can afford it.
Monroe

#12 ·
That first pic is actually a perfect illustration of where most people go wrong measuring groups. The bullet or pellet in this case is always larger than the hole. People measure edge to edge of the holes and then subtract the full bullet dia. Then display their groups and the way too small number they think it is :rolleyes:

If you are going to measure to the edge of the holes then subtract the diameter of the hole not the bullet. :bthumb:

#15 ·
Chuck,

"I'm guessing the gun is a PCP and your air compression was real low or off for some reason >>>???"

The rifle is operating normal. I fired ten shots from the bench at a target. The group is so small that the paper hole is actually smaller than the OD of the pellet. I just set the 11th pellet in the hole to demonstrate this.

With a little pellet testing, match air rifles can shoot perfect groups.

#35 ·
The Black Air Hunter is indeed a very low powered PCP. With a pellet velocity of 580 fps, which means a generous 6.7 foot pounds of energy, it is too low to be useful for hunting. In the U.K. the limit without a FAC (Firearms Certificate) is 12 fpe. Most airgunners in North America would say that 12 fpe would be the minimum power needed for hunting. For comparison, a typical .22 pellet of 14.3 grains at 600 fps yields almost 11.5 fpe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.